Lodhi Dynasty (1451-1526) in Indian History:
- Lodhi dynasty was founded by Bahlol Lodhi in 1451. The dynasty lasted upto 1526.
- Lodhi dynasty was the first Afghan dynasty or first Pathan dynasty in India.
- Sikhandar Lodhi, who ruled from 1489 to 1517 shifted the capital from Delhi to Agra.
- Sikhandar Lodhi is considered as the Maker of Agra City.
- Last Lodhi Sulthan or last Delhi Sulthan was Ibrahim Lodhi. Rana Sangram Singh of Mewar defeated him. His brother Daulat Khan Lodhi invited Babar to India to defeat Ibrahim Lodhi in 1524.
- Babar defeated Ibrahim Lodhi in the First Battle of Panipat in 1526 April 21.
- The title Sulthan was started by the Turkish rulers. Muhammed Ghazni was the first to assume the title Sulthan.
- The official language of the Delhi Sulthanate was Persian.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: