|Lok Sabha Constituencies in Moga district, Punjab (MP Constituencies)||Faridkot|
|MLA Assembly Constituencies in Moga district, Punjab||Bhagha Purana
About Moga District :
Moga District is the 17th District drawn on the map of Punjab State on 24th day of November 1995. Before this, Moga was the sub-division of Faridkot District. Moga town the head quarter of the District is situated on Ferozpur-Ludhiana road. Area of Dharamkot block with 150 villages has been emerged in Moga district vide. Pb. Govt. notification No. 2/36/98-R.E. 2(1) 6408 dated 5-11-99
District at a Glance :
- District –
- Headquarters –
- Total –
- Rural –
- Urban –
- Population –
- Rural –
- Urban –
- Male –
- Female –
- Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) –
- Density (Total, Persons per sq km) –
- Loksabha –
- Official Website –
- Tourist Places :
- Moga district has the proud of being the birth place of Lala Lajpat Rai Ji, the great freedom fighters.His native village Dhudhike falls in Moga District.
The Religious and Historical Gurdwaras, named as : Dina Sahib, Takhtupura and Lopon are located at block Nihal Singh Wala, Whereas Daroli Bhai and Chand Nawan are located in block Moga II.
Geeta Bhawan a great temple is also at South of Moga City.
- Nestle Moga is an International level factory. This factory is as food processing Plant of its own kind in North India.
- Adani Agri Logistics Ltd. Base Moga Depot. Food Grains play an essentional role in nourshing the nation’s populace. There fore it needs special care like proper storage and transportation for taking care these special needs, Adani Group, one of India’s fastest growing business houses has setup seven Base and Field depots spread across the length and breadth of the country, coupled with specially designed top loading and bottom discharge rail wagons .The sole objective of this project is to provide comprehensive supply chain management solutions to FCI-Food Corporation of India. Meticulous planning and technology has been used to insure that the grains remain farm fresh thourghtout the entire storage and transportation process. Once keep in storage, these grains are transported to various field depot across the country, where there is a grain shortage. These field depots are fully mechanized using state of the art technology for storing food grains. Fully integrated and IT enabled operations make sure that there are no lapses in quality and quantity of grains, and transparent transactions are carried out at all stages. With ample support from government and farmers this project will surely touch lives of million of people across the country.
|Adani Agri Logistics Ltd. Moga Depot|
- Moga has parks known as Kashmiri Park, Nehru Park and Shahidi Park which adds to the beauty of Moga District.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: