Sitting Hon’ble Judges
Hon’ble Mrs. Justice R. Banumathi (DoB. 20.07.1955)
Term of Office: (DoA) 13.08.2014 (F.N.) to (DoR) 19.07.2020
• Born on 20.07.1955. Enrolled on 07.01.1981. Practised in Mofussil Courts at Tirupattur, Krishnagiri and Harur, State of Tamilnadu. Entered Tamilnadu Higher Judicial Service as a direct recruit District Judge in 1988 and worked as District and Sessions Judge in various Districts of the State.
• Elevated as a Judge of High Court of Madras on 03.04.2003.
• As a Member of Board of Governors and as President of Board of Governors in State Judicial Academy, played a key role in organising systematic Training Programmes for judicial officers and staff members. Authored the Book “Hand Book of Civil and Criminal Courts Management and Use of Computers” for guidance of District Judiciary and published Hand Books for the guidance of Judicial Ministerial Staff.
• Executive Chairman of the Tamilnadu State Legal Services with effect from 15.07.2013. Chairman of Madras High Court Legal Services Committee from 21.02.2011 to 20.01.2012 and actively involved in Legal Services and organizing Lok Adalats.
• Sworn as the Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court on 16.11.2013. Instrumental in improving the infrastructure of the District Judiciary, recruitment and filling up vacancies of Ministerial Staff. Published Hand Books for guidance of judicial officers and staff members.
• Elevated as a Judge of the Supreme Court of India on 13.08.2014
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: