|Lok Sabha Constituencies in Tamenglong district, Manipur (MP Constituencies)||Outer Manipur|
|MLA Assembly Constituencies in Tamenglong district, Manipur||Nungba
About Tamenglong District :
The Tamenglong District had been known as Manipur West District before 1972. It is the farthest District from the state capital, Imphal and the District HQ. Tamenglong itself is also the farthest District HQ from Imphal being 147 Kms from the state Capital. Tamenglong District is bounded by Senapati District to the East, North Cashar Hills District of Assam to the West, Peren District Of Nagaland to the North and Churachanpur of Manipur to the South. Most of the land is hilly except a few pockets of flat lands such as Barak bank, Khoupum Valley and Kunphung. The total geographical area of the district is 4,391 Sq. Km. and the total population of the district is 1,37,959 as per Census 2011. The main rivers flowing in the District are Barak(Ahu), Irang, Makhru(Makhu), Iring, Ijei(Aga) and Apah rivers etc. Barak(Ahu) is the biggest river. The district is divided into 5 Sub-Divisions and 5 Blocks viz. Tamenglong, Tamei, Tousem, Nungba and Khoupum. The places of tourist interest in the district are Buning, Barak Waterfall, Kisha Khou, Zeilad Lake and Tharon Cave.
DISTRICT PROFILE AT A GLANCE :
|Area: 4,391 Sq. Kms.||Population : 1, 37, 959 (2011 Census)|
|Altitude: 1260 m||Latitude: 24.59 N|
|Longitude: 93.45 E||Latitude(HQ): 24.30 N|
|Longitude(HQ): 93.30 E||Humidity: 76(Min)- 92(Max)|
|Rainfall: 3135 mm.||Temparature: 4oC(Min) – 31oC(Max)|
|Literacy: 60.72% (Census 2011)||Sub-Divisions : Tamenglong, Tamei, Tousem, Nungba and Khoupum|
|T.D. Block: Tamenglong, Tamei, Tousem, Nungba and Khoupum||Density of Population: 32 per Sq. Km (2011 Census)|
|Sex Ratio: 982 per thousand male(2011 Census)||Urban Population: 19, 363|
|Rural Population: 1, 21, 288||Health: 1 nos. of allopathic Hospital, 1 nos. of CHC, 5 nos. of PHC and 30 nos. of PHSC|
|Education Sector: 1 nos. of College, 3 nos. of Hr. Sec. School, 10 nos. of High School, 96 nos. of Jr. High School and 130 nos. of Primary School.||Electricity: 169 nos. of electrified villages.|
|Police: 5 nos. of police stations.||Manipur Rifles: 1(one) Battalion only (5th MR Battalion)|
|Assam Rifles: 2(two) Battalions (13th AR and 10th AR)||Total families: 22, 097(2011 Census)|
|Main Tribes: Zeme, Liangmai, Rongmei, Puimei, Kuki, Hmar, Khasi, Chiru and Mikir||Major Rivers: Iyei ,Irang, Barak and Makru|
|National Highways : NH 37||State Highways : I.T. Road , Old Cachar Road and Tamenglong Khongsang Road|
Tourist Places :
- Buning: Buning is the breath taking meadows for sightseeing which is situated under Tamei Sub-Division ,15 kms away from Tamenglong H.Q.
- Barak Waterfall: Barak Waterfall is splendid for rafting and unique spot for tourist. This is the place where Asha (a Hero of Rongmei) who hammered and place of occasional visiting place.
- Kisha Khou: Kisha Khou is the magnificent cliff of mount for the trekking and the then bideant of Haipei Rani Gaidinliu during 1935-1940.
- Zeilad Lake: This is another mystical and legendary lake of natural water where Haipou Jadonang obtained might & spiritual power to fight against the British then and this is the best spot for boating in modern days.
- Tharon Cave: This is the mystical cave and the abode of fruit bats for adventure where different types of Hall like Lous hall, Dancing Hall, Meeting Hall and others are there. About 12 caves are located under neath.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: