AIIMS Exam Preparation Tips:
AIIMS MBBS examination is one of the coveted medical examinations among the aspirants. AIIMS conducts this examination every year for the students who wish to start their career in medical field. Before knowing how to prepare for AIIMS examination it is better to be clear about the Pattern and Syllabus of the exam. This is because every single second you spend for the preparation must be worthy.
By knowing the pattern and syllabus clearly, one can be sure in which chapters to concentrate and which not to concentrate. Thus, pattern and syllabus are as follows:
Pattern for AIIMS MBBS exam:
Total duration of the exam: 3 and half hours
Total number of questions: 200
Physics: 60 questions carrying 60 marks
Chemistry: 60 questions carrying 60 marks
Biology: 60 questions carrying 60 marks
General Knowledge: 20 questions carrying 20 marks
Each correct attempt is awarded one mark
Negative mark -1/3 is applicable for each incorrect attempt
Types of question: Multiple choice objective questions
Mode of exam: Online and offline
Language of the question booklet: Candidate can choose either English question booklet or Hindi question Booklet.
The questions can be from the 11th and 12th class science subjects. Below is the link which gives detailed idea about the syllabus for AIIMS MBBS.
Special tips for preparing AIIMS MBBS:
- There is no specific curriculum for the question paper. The questions can be based on formulas, theories and problems from the science subjects. Thus, be very thorough with all the basics of each subject (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- Try to solve at least 300 questions per day. This is a proved and most favorite method of toppers. Solving as many questions as possible will make you feel confident, refreshed and also helps to point out your mistakes.
- If you are in a starting stage, try to join in any coaching institute. Coaching centres will make you to follow a weekly routine or daily routine to revise your subjects. This will give you a competitive spirit and motivate you to get high scores.
- Try to be thorough with 12th standard subjects since most of the questions are from 12th
- If you are from non-maths group, try to remember important basic formulas in mathematics.
- Most important thing is, try to solve questions from different books. Books that you can refer for AIIMS exam is:
Physics: HC Verma Concept of Physics
Chemistry: O.P.Tandon Physical Chemistry
Biology: Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Refer old question papers. This is mandatory method for any student because 20% of the questions are repeated from the previous year’s question papers.
- Focus on Newspapers, magazine and be updated of current affairs in the world. This will help you a lot in General Knowledge section.
Thus, the only key to success in AIIMS examination is working smartly than working hard. Schedule a separate strategy of learning. Stick to that time schedule strictly. Revise your lessons often. Concentrate more on Logical questions than theoretical questions. This will help you to crack AIIMS exam easily.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: