LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.COM. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
SECOND SEMESTER – APRIL 2006
C 215 – MACRO ANALYSIS
Date & Time : 28-04-2006/09.00-12-00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Answer ALL the questions (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- Define disguised unemployment.
- What is Capitalism?
- Mention four merits of Socialism.
- State the purposes of Government budgeting.
- Why planning in a developing country?
- How do you measure economic development?
- Enumerate the reasons for state control of economic activities.
- Distinguish between ‘Economic development’ and Economic growth
- What is inflationary gap?
- What do you mean by ‘Deficit Financing’?
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- How does a socialist economy differ from a Capitalist Economy?
- Suggest measures to reduce unemployment in India.
- ‘Inflation is unjust and deflation is expedient’ – Discuss.
- Explain the requisites for successful planning.
- Comment on the various types of budgeting.
- Analyse the role of fiscal policies for economic development.
- Explain the special features of a ‘Mixed Economy’.
- Outline the essentials of Keynesian theory of employment.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions (2 x = 40 marks)
- Define ‘Planning’. Examine the need and importance of planning for underdeveloped Countries.
- What do you understand by ‘Full Employment’? Would it be a reality? Discuss the various measures to achieve full employment in India.
- Examine the important features of Capitalism. How does it differ from Socialism? Explain the superiority of Capitalism over Socialism.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: