LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – April 2009
CO 5502 – HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Date & Time: 24/04/2009 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Explain the following concepts in FIVE lines each (10 x 2 = 20)
- Employee Turnover
- Human Resource Planning
- Application Blank
- Psychological Tests
- Indirect Interview
- Off-the-job training
- Sensitivity Training
- Employee Grievance
- MBO method of performance appraisal
Answer any FIVE questions. Answer should not exceed 2 pages each (5 x 8 = 40)
- What are the uses of Performance appraisal ? Describe any two modern methods of performance appraisal.
- Describe the challenges of a HR Manager in the modern corporate scenario.
- What are the qualities of a good HR Manager?
- Define Job Analysis. Explain with a suitable example the components of job analysis.
- Describe briefly the important external sources of recruitment.
- State the objectives of “human resource” planning.
- State the objectives of ‘training’. Briefly describe any two ‘on-the-job’ training methods.
- Describe Maslow’s Need Theory and also state the criticisms of the theory.
Answer any TWO questions. Answer should not exceed 4-6 pages each (2 x 20 = 40)
- Describe the functions of Human Resource Management.
- Outline the selection procedure to be adopted while recruiting salesmen for a company which manufactures and sells consumer durables.
- Explain the various steps involved in a grievance producer.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: