LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SECRET.
THIRD SEMESTER – APRIL 2008
CR 3500 – MERCANTILE LAW
Date : 26/04/2008 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
- Answer ALL questions: (10×2=20Marks)
- What is “Jus in Personam”? Give an example.
- What are the two parts of Indian Contract Act?
- What is an “Executory Contract”?
- Define “Cross Offers”.
- What is consideration?
- Define the term “Privity of Contract”.
- Define “Warranty”.
- Define “Charter Party”.
- What are the terms commonly used in respect of all Insurance Contracts?
- Define a Factor.
- Answer any FIVE questions: (5 x 8 = 40 Marks)
- Discuss the Classification of Contracts according to the mode of Creation.
- Explain about the persons who are disqualified by law to enter into a contract.
- Define the term “Undue Influence”. What are the essential and legal rules for a valid Undue Influence?
- Discuss the agency relationship between a husband and his wife.
- Explain the concept of “Doctrine of Caveat Emptor” and bring out the exceptions of this doctrine.
- Define the term “Goods”. What the classifications of Goods are as explained under “The Sale of Goods Act”?
- Define the Contract of Insurance. What are the essentials of a Contract of Insurance?
- Discuss the Types of Marine Policies.
III. Answer any TWO questions: (2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- Discuss in detail the essential and legal rules for a valid contract.
- Discuss in detail the effects of Minor’s agreements under the Indian Contract Act.
- “Ratification is tantamount to prior authority”. Comment and explain the requisites of a valid ratification.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: