LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2008
EC 5403 (LABOUR ECO. & LABOUR WELFARE)
Date : 07-05-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
Part –A (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each.
- List out the characteristics of labour.
- What is meant by Arbitration and Adjudication?
- Mention the theories of wages.
- What are the factors affecting real wages?
- Differentiate between strike and lockouts.
- List out the causes of wage differences.
- What is meant by Joint Consultations?
Part –B (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
Answer any FOUR questions in about 300 words each.
- Explain the Public Provident Fund Act- 1968.
- Briefly write about the’ Minimum wages act 1948’.
- Explain the observations of the ‘Royal Commission report’.
- Write short notes on a) Living wages b) Fair wages c) Minimum wages
- Summarize the objectives of AITUC.
- Explain a) Subsistence theory of wages. b) Residual theory of wages.
- Discuss the Workers participation Management in India.
Part – C (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each.
- Explain the Payment of Bonus Act- 1965.
- Elucidate the social security measures in India?
- Explain the causes of Industrial disputes. Suggest suitable measures to solve it.
- Explain the various problems faced by the trade unions and give suggestions to solve
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: