LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
DEGREE EXAMINATION –BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
BU 6601 – PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
Date & Time: 18/04/2007 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
SECTION – A
Answer all the questions. 10 x 2 = 20
- What you mean by Production function?
- Define the term ‘Added Value’.
- What is service utility?
- Explain the system design.
- What is a machinery factor?
- Define seasonal purchasing.
- Explain the term plant layout.
- Define the term ‘Manufacturing’.
- What is TPM?
- What are the three areas of maintenance?
SECTION – B
Answer any FIVE questions. 5 x 8 = 40
- What are the characteristics of successful product development?
- What are the principles of plant layout?
- ‘Production is an organizational function’ – comment.
- Explain the strategic decisions.
- What is the scope of material maintenance?
- What are the competitive priorities? Explain.
- Explain the new product development process.
- What are the functions of a production manager?
SECTION – C
Answer any TWO questions.
2 x 20 = 40
- What are objectives of maintenance management?
- Explain the primary and secondary objectives of material management.
- Diagrammatically explain the production system model.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: