LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
THIRD SEMESTER – APRIL 2011
BU 3500 – MERCANTILE LAW
Date : 12-04-2011 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
SECTION – A
Answer ALL questions (10 X 2 = 20)
- Define contract.
- Explain the concept of contractual capacity.
- What is meant by discharge of contract?
- What contracts need not be performed?
- Explain ‘Causa proxima’
- What is a contract of marine insurance?
- Who is a mercantile agent?
- What is an agreement to sell?
- Explain ‘caveat emptor’.
- Define turnover as per the central sales, Tax Act.
SECTION – B
Answer any FIVE questions (5 X 8 = 40)
- What are the essential elements of a Valid Contract?
- Explain the law relating to Minor’s Contracts?
- What are the rules relating to Contingent Contracts?
- Describe the various modes by which a contract may be discharged.
- What are the different types of life insurance policies?
- State the duties of a Common Carrier.
- What are the effects of termination of agency?
- What are the rules regarding delivery of goods in a contract of sale.
SECTION – C
Answer any TWO question (2 X 20 = 40)
- What is consideration? Discuss in detail the provisions of law relating to it.
- Discuss the implied conditions and warranties laid down under the sale of goods Act.
- Define dealer. Explain the provision regarding registration of a dealer as per the central Sales tax Act.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: