CENTRAL INSTITUTE OF PLASTIC ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology conducts joint entrance exam in national level for Undergraduate, Post graduate and diploma admissions in Plastic Engineering. The institute constitutes of 16 colleges across the nation to which the entrance exam is conducted. The selection will be based on marks scored by the candidate. The exam is conducted for following courses of plastic design, molding and manufacturing, plastic processing testing and quality. The courses are;
- B.Tech in Plastic Engineering
- B.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering
- M.Tech in Plastic Engineering
- M.Tech in Nano Technology
- M.Tech in CAD/CAM/CAE
- Post Graduate Diploma course in Plastic Processing and testing
- Diploma course in Integrated Programme plasties mould technology
B.Tech in Plastic Engineering
Candidate must have passed 10th and 12th with minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The maximum age limit of the candidate is 21 years.
M.Tech in Plastic Engineering
Candidate must have passed 4 years Undergraduate program in Plastic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or M.Sc. in Polymer Science or chemistry with polymer specialisation. The maximum age limit of the candidate is 35 years.
M.Tech in Nano Technology
Candidate must have passed 4 years of Engineering in Plastics, Polymer, Chemical, or M.Sc. in Polymer Science/Chemistry/Physics/Electronics. The maximum age limit of the candidate is 35 years.
M.Tech in CAD/CAM/CAE
Candidate must have passed 4 years of Engineering in Plastics Technology, Mechanical Production, Tool Engineering, Aeronautics, Automobile, Mechatronics. The maximum age limit of the candidate is 35 years.
Post Graduate Diploma course in Plastic Processing and testing
Candidate must have passed 3 years degree of B.Sc. in Chemistry. The maximum age limit of the candidate is 24 years.
Diploma course in Integrated Programme plasties mould technology
The candidate must have passed 10th with subjects Mathematics, English and Science. The maximum age limit is 19 years. The candidates who are in the final year and waiting for results are also eligible to write the exam. The SC/ST candidates has a age relaxation of 5 years.
The questions for post graduate candidates will be based on their Under Graduate subjects. For other candidates, exam will be based on the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
There are two exams. They are;
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
The questions for both exams are based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The exam is of online mode. There is no negative marking. The duration of both exams is two hours and three hours respectively. Questions are of multiple choice questions. The exam is normally held in the month of July every year.
How to Apply
- Log onto the official website
- Click the Registration Link
- Fill all the mandatory details
- After filling all the details, User ID and Password will be generated
- Using these data, log onto the Application form
- Fill all the details
- Upload the photo and signature of the candidate
- Upload the scanned copies of 10th and 12th mark sheet or diploma certificate of the candidate
- Pay the fees of R 250 with Credit/Debit or Net Banking to the candidate
- Recheck all the details
- Submit the application
- Take the printout for future reference
- In case the application form is send through offline mode that is by ending Demand Draft in favour of CIPET payable at Chennai
- While sending the application form, send the attested copies of 10th and 12th mark sheet or diploma mark sheet
- SC/ST candidates may download the prescribed format certificate and later fill the certificate and send it along with the application form
- After the commencement of results, counseling will be started for the allotment of seats based on the rank list
- Results will be mainly announced in the month of August
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: