LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SECRETARYSHIP
THIRD SEMESTER – April 2009
BC 3500 / CR 3500 – MERCANTILE LAW
Date & Time: 05/05/2009 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
SECTION – A
Answer ALL questions. (10 x 2 = 20)
- Define the term ‘offer’.
- What is Contingent Contract?
- What is Free consent?
- Explain capacity to contract.
- Define the contract of insurance.
- Who is a common carrier?
- What is meant by private carrier?
- Explain the term performance of contract.
- Who is an agent?
- Who is an unpaid seller?
SECTION – B
Answer any FIVE questions only. (5 x 8 = 40)
- Explain the legal provisions relating to a valid offer.
- What are the legal rules regarding consideration?
- Describe the various modes by which a contract can be discharged.
- What are the different kings of marine insurance policies?
- State the duties of a common carrier.
- Explain different kinds of agent.
- Can non-owners effect sales? if so explain.
- What are the main objects of Central Sales Tax Act?
SECTION – C
Answer any TWO questions only. (2 x 20 = 40)
- Describe the essentials of a valid contract.
- Explain the ways by which an agency can be terminated.
- What are the rights and duties of buyer under the sale of goods Act?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: