LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
DEGREE EXAMINATION –COMPUTER SCIENCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
CS 5502 – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Date & Time: 28/04/2007 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Answer all questions: (10 x 2 = 20)
- Define software measure and metric.
- List the management myths and its realities.
- Distinguish between software configuration management and software maintenance.
- Mention the characteristics of software risk.
- List down the various analysis methods.
- Define Data Flow Diagram.
- What is procedural design?
- Mention any two software design characteristics.
- What are the objectives of testing?
- What is Debugging?
PART – B
Answer all questions: (5 x 8 = 40)
- (a) Describe Function Point metrics evaluation.
(b) Demonstrate Basic and Intermediate COCOMO software estimation model.
- (a) Write short note on Change Control process.
(b) Summarize the steps involved in Software Requirement Specifications.
- (a) Illustrate and explain entity relationship diagram. Discuss the importance of
Cardinality and Modality.
(b) Explain about the Ward and Mellor Extensions.
- (a) Explain Abstraction and Modularity design concepts.
(b) Describe Coupling in detail.
- (a) Explain Cyclomatic Complexity in basis path testing.
(b) Explain the software quality factors proposed by McCall with diagram.
PART – C
Answer any two questions: (2 x 20 = 40)
- (a) “Software development is a systematic and sequential approach” – Justify.
(b) Describe the process of conducting FAST.
- (a) Briefly explain the Classical Analysis Methods.
(b) Explain Davis Principles for Software Design.
- Explain Black Box Testing methods and how White Box testing differs from Black Box testing.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: