LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034 B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOV 2006
EC 5402 – MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS
(Also equivalent to ECO 402)
Date & Time : 06-11-2006/9.00-12.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Part – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each. (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
- State the relationship between AC and MC
- What are fixed and variable costs? Give example.
- Write short note on price delusion?
- State the meaning of Charm Pricing.
- What is a Planning Curve?
- What is duopoly?
- State few goals followed by Indian Businessmen.
Part – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 300 words each. (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
- What are the costs of capital?
- A retailer plans to sell a toy at a local fair. His purchase Price of this toy is Rs.7 per piece with the privilege of returning the unsold toys. The booth rent at the fair is Rs.2500 payable in advance. The Selling price of the toy is fixed at Rs.12 per piece. Find out the number of toys that must be sold to break even and also the break even sales volume.
- What are the factors that influence Investment Decision?
- Discuss the different methods of demand forecasting
- Explain the methods of pricing a New Product?
- Describe the classifications of the markets?
- Explain how isoquants can be applied in the real context.
Part – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Explain the scope and importance of Managerial Economics?
- Elaborate the various methods of elasticity of demand?
- Chandramuki and sons annual turnover is as follows:
Year: 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004
Sale: 40 50 55 60 58 67
Calculate the sale for the next three years.
18. Competition brings out quality products in the market – Justify
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: