LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS & SOCIOLOGY
THIRD SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
HT 3203 – INDIAN CONSTITUTION
Date : 15/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer any TEN of the following not exceeding TEN lines each: (10×2=20 marks)
- Money Bill
- Rigid Constitution
- Right to Property
- Council of Ministers
- Independent Judiciary
- Election Commission
- No Confidence Motion
- Suspensive Veto
- Article 356.
- Judicial Review
- Secret Ballot System
PART – B
Answer any FOUR of the following not exceeding ONE PAGE each: (4X10=40 Marks)
- Explain the Preamble of the Indian Constitution.
- Describe the Powers of the Rajya Sabha.
- What are the Fundamental Duties of an Indian Citizen?
- Discuss the Directive Principles of State Policy and its role as part of the Constitution
- Explain the Functions of the Supreme Court.
- What are the Powers and Functions of a State Legislative Assembly?
PART – C
Answer any TWO of the following not exceeding FOUR PAGES each: (2X20=40 Marks)
- Fundamental Rights and its impact on Indian Society – Discuss
- Describe the Functions of the Prime Minister of India.
- Discuss the Salient Features of Indian Constitution.
Assess the powers and functions of the President of India.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: