LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIRST SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
EC 1501 – INDIAN ECONOMY – I
Date : 10/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
Answer any FIVE questions each in about 75 words.
Each question carries four marks: (5 x 4 = 20)
- What is the current share of Agricultural sector in to Indian GDP?
- Define ‘ commercial crops’
- State any Four features of Green revolution.
- What is meant by ‘cooperative farming’?
- What are the objectives of ‘Land Development Banks’?
- What are the advantages of ‘Minimum Support Price’?
- Expand: (a) NABARD (b) NAFED (c) FCI (d) AGMARK.
Answer any FOUR questions each in about 250 words.
Each question carries TEN marks: (4 x 10 = 40)
- What are the promotional factors of Indian Economy?
- Explain the relationship between ‘farm size and asset distribution’.
- What is the role of Land Development Banks in agricultural development?
- Explain the ‘Land Reforms’ in India.
- What are the functions of NABARD?
- What are the problems associated with agricultural finance in rural area?
- Write a short note on ‘Need for Food Security’.
Answer any TWO questions each in about 900 words.
Each question carries TWENTY marks: (2 x 20 = 40)
- Critically examine the Trends of sectoral contribution to Indian GDP. What kind of policy do you suggest to balance the economy?
- Do we need second Green revolution? Substantiate with your argument.
- Examine the role of cooperative farming, marketing and credit in Rural Development.
- Evaluate the Food Policy of the Indian Government. Suggest suitable changes.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: