Kerala PSC Degree Level Assistant Grade-II (Kerala State Housing Board) Examination 2013
1. The difference between
2. If A, B and C working together can do a job in 10 days. If A and C together can do it 20 days and B and C together can do it in 15 days. If A and B work together, the number of days required to complete it is.
3. The difference between compound interest and simple interest on an amount of money in 3 years at the rate of 10% is Rs. 93. Then the amount in Rs. is:
4. A man takes 4 hours in all to go to a market at a speed of 5 km/hour and back to his house at 3 km/hour. The distance between his house and market is:
(a) 8 km
(b) 7½ km
(c) 4½ km
(d) 15 km
5. The greatest number that will divide 65, 110 and 150 leaving remainders 2, 5 and 2 respectively is:
6. 25% of a number is added to 20, the result is 50% of the number. Then the number is:
7. The age of Babu is double the age of Sabu. 3 years back the ages of babu and Sabu were in the ratio 15 : 7. Then the age of Babu is:
8. The percentage of increase in the area of rectangle, when both of its length and breadth are increased by 20% is
9. A train 100 metres long crosses a signal post in 5 seconds. How much time will it take to cross a bridge of length 200 metres with the same speed?
(a) 10 seconds
(b) 20 seconds
(c) 15 seconds
(d) 8 seconds
10. A rectangular garden is situated inside a square plot of side 30 metres. If the ratio of the length and breadth of the garden is 6 : 5, then the are of the largest garden is.
(a) 750 m2
(b) 500 m2
(c) 300 m2
(d) 900 m2
11. In an examination, every candidate took Chemistry or Mathematics or both. 60% took Chemistry and 65% took Mathematics. The total number of candidates was 30000. How many took both Mathematics and Chemistry?
12. Select the alternative that shows the five given words arranged in a meaningful order ?
(1) Post box (2) Letter (3) Envelope (4) Delivery (5) Clearance
(a) 2 3 1 4 5
(b) 3 2 1 5 4
(c) 3 2 1 4 5
(d) 1 3 2 5 4
13. If KING is coded as LKQK, how would you code QUEEN?
14. Find the odd one out:
15. In a month three Fridays were on even dates. Then, 28th of the month is a:
16. A man starts from a point and moves 3 km north, then turns to west and goes 2 km. He turns north and walks 1 km and then moves 5 km towards east. How far is he from the starting point ?
(a) 11 km
(b) 5 km
(c) 10 km
(d) 8 km
17. Complete the series : J, F, M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O, ____, ______.
(a) N, D
(b) K, P
(c) T, P
(d) T, D
18. Which one of the following justifies the statement ‘Man cannot be trusted because he is not honest’?
(a) All trustworthy men and honest
(b) Honest people try to be trust worthy
(c) Trusted people tend to be honest
(d) All honest men can be trusted
19. Cathy is ahalf the age of Ann but is twice older than Don. Ben is twice as old as Ann but twice younger than Flora. Which two persons form the pair of the oldest and the youngest?
(a) Ben & Don
(b) Flora & Ann
(c) Flora & Don
(d) Ben & Flora
20. In a box, there are 9 blue socks, 7 green socks, and 12 white socks. What is the minimum number of socks that Alice must take from the box, without looking, to be certain that she has two white socks?
21. The working principle of Optical Fibre Cables:
(d) Total Internal Reflection
22. Lightning Conductor was discovered by:
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(b) Michael Faraday
(d) Issac Newton
23. The chemical added to give particular smell to LPG:
(a) Ethyl marcaptan
(b) Methyl isocyante
(c) Ammonium Nitrate
(d) Ethyl butyrate
24. The fuse of household circuit is a thin wire and it is made up of:
(a) An alloy of Tin and Lead
(c) Copper wire
25. Normally liquids flow downwards, there are situations where liquids flows upward. This property of the liquid is called:
(a) Surface tension
26. Which one of the following instrument works on sound:
(c) CT Scanner
27. The possible body temperature of a child having fever:
(a) 101 K
28. International ‘Mole’ day is celebrated on :
(a) September 22
(b) April 23
(c) October 23
(d) March 22
29. The condition when both the kidneys fails to function is called:
(b) Renal colic
(d) Uretal disorder
30. The main excretory organs in insects:
(d) Malpighian tubule
31. Which sate has adopted the strategy of introducing chess in all students.
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
32. The world first desert Geopark has been opened in:
(c) Saudi Arabia
33. Director of the film ‘Dam 999’:
(a) Adoor Gopalkrishnan
(b) Sohen Roy
(d) Salim Ahammed
34. The first Chinese Winner of nobel prize in literature.
(b) Mavo Tse Tang
(c) Julian Assange
(d) Aung San suki
35. Which country got the first gold medal in 30th Olympics.
36. The author of ‘Casual Vacancy’.
(b) Khushwanth Singh
(c) J. K. Rowling
(d) Anitha Desai
37. ‘BRICS’ Summit for 2012 was held in:
(b) New Delhi
(d) New York
38. Which is known as ‘God Particle’.
(a) Higgs Boson
39. ‘Metro Man’ of India is
(a) Abdul Kalam
(b) Salim Ali
(c) M. S. Swaminathan
(d) E. Sreedharan
40. Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha:
(a) K. V. Thomas
(b) Sivaraj Patil
(c) P. J. Kurian
(d) P. C. Thomas
41. Arjumand Banu Beegam was the original name of
(a) Gulbadan Beegum
(b) Razia Sultana
(d) Mumtaz Mahal
42. Who translated Mahatma Gandhi’s autobiography, ‘The Story of My Experiments with Truth’ from Gujarati into English.
(a) Sarojini Naidu
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Mahadev Desai
(d) Rabindra Nath Tagore
43. Lal Bahadur Sastri National Academy of Administration is located at:
(a) New Delhi
44. P. C. Mahalanobis was the architect of which five year plan:
45. Which is the first month of the Saka Calender?
46. The book ‘Astangahridaya’ was written by :
47. Satya Sodhak Samaj was founded by
(a) Jyotibha Phule
(b) Narayana Guru
(c) Gopal Lal Valong
(d) Bhaskar Rao Jadav
48. ‘Yellow Revolution’ is associated with the production of:
(b) Oil Seeds
49. Sardar Sarovar Dam is built on the river :
50. World Ozone Day is observed on:
(a) May 21
(b) April 21
(c) September 16
(d) September 21
51. Which is the pass that connects Kerala with Mysore?
(a) Periya Ghat Pass
(b) Kambam Pass
(c) Aryankavu Pass
(d) Bodinayakannur Pass
52. Which river of Kerala is mentioned as ‘Choorni’ in Arthasasthra of Koutilya?
53. Which was the Arabic-Malayalam monthly started by Vakkom Abdul Kadir Moulavi?
54. Which was the journal that functioned as the mouthpiece of Yogakshema Sabha?
(b) Unni Nambudiri
55. Name the Social Reformer who became the member of Srimulam Praja Sabha?
(b) Makthi Thangal
(c) Kunhikannan Gurukkal
(d) V. T. Bhattathiripad
56. Which monsoon in Kerala was otherwise known as Hippalus wind?
(a) North-East Monsoon
(b) South-West Monsoon
(c) South-East Monsoon
(d) North-West Monsoon
57. Name the British officer who discovered the Edakkal caves?
(a) T. L. Strange
(b) A. B. Burnell
(c) F. Fawcett
(d) William Logan
58. Which place of Kerala was known as Perumchellur during the ancient period?
59. Who wrote the poem ‘Jathikummi exposing the evils of caste system ?
(a) Chattambi Swamikal
(b) T. S. Thirumumbu
(d) Pandit K. P. Karuppan
60. Who propagated the idea of ‘Nirgunopasana’ or worship without an idol?
(a) Sahodaran Ayyappan
(b) Poykayil Appachan
61. What is the 86th Amendment of the Constitution of India?
(a) Right to education
(b) Right to information
(c) Protection of life and personal liberty
(d) Certain rights regarding freedom of speech and expression
62. Ex-officio members of the National Human Rights Commission are :
(a) Chairperson of National Commission for Minorities
(b) Chairperson of National Commission for Women
(c) Chairperson of National Commission for Scheduled Castes
(d) All of above
63. A body of rules, regulating the size, composition powers and functions of three branches of government and their relationship with each other is called:
(a) Law of jurisprudence
(b) Civil law
(c) Constitutional Law
(d) Municipal Law
64. Which office in the public authority provides information under right to Information Act?
(a) Assistant Public Information Officer
(b) Public information officer
(c) Appellate Authority
(d) Information Commissioner
65. The right to dissolved the Rajya Sabha rest with:
(a) The President
(b) The Prime Minister
(c) The Council of Ministers
(d) None of these
66. The constitution of India enables the independent and unbiased nature of audit by comptroller and Auditor General of India by providing;
(a) Special procedure for removal
(b) Can’t hold any other government office after his term expires
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
67. Who is the chairperson of National Commission for women ?
(a) Wansuk Syiem
(b) Charu Wall Khanna
(c) Mamta Sharma
(d) Hemalata Kheria
68. Which part of the constitution of India has been described as the Soul of the constitution?
(a) Fundamental Right
(b) The Directive Principle of state policy
(d) None of above
69. When was the universal declaration of Human Rights adopted?
(a) 10th December, 1948
(b) 10th December, 1947
(c) 10th December, 1949
(d) 10th December, 1950
70. What is the maximum number of information commissioners allowed for appointment in central information commission under Right to Information Act, 2005 ?
71. I ______ an interview yesterday:
(a) Have faced
(c) Had faced
(d) Would face
72. Her fried and benefactor ______ come:
73. Give one word substitute:
The study about the cause the nature of diseases:
(b) Natural Science
74. My house is behind the _______ shop :
75. You have cake for your breakfast :
(a) have you?
(b) haven’t you?
(c) had you ?
(d) isn’t it
76. In consequence ______ his laziness, the could not finish the assignment in time.
77. She wanted ……… one rupee coin.
78. Choose the right sentence in indirect speech.
He said to me, “what are you doing”?
(a) He asked me what I was doing
(b) He asked me what he was doing
(c) He asked me what I did
(d) He asked me what I were doing of
79. Choose the right expression:
(a) It seems he is right
(b) It is seeming he is right
(c) It seems he would right
(d) It seemed he will be right
80. Sara said, “I _____ use his computer at any time”
91. Which of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT:
(d) Identity theft
92. Which of the following is not a web browser?
93. Which technology is used in Compact disks?
(c) Electro magnetic
94. At which of the following sites would you most probably buy books?
95. A computer program that converts an entire program into machine language is called a/an:
96. Which of the following crimes cannot be easily committed through the assistance or use of a computer?
(b) Criminal fraud
97. A_______ is approximately one billion bytes:
98. Viruses, Trojan horses and worms are:
(a) Able to harm computer system
(b) Unable to detect if affected on computer
(c) User-friendly applications
(d) Harmless applications resident on computer
99. The formula = b$1*Sa2 contained in the cell b3 of a spread sheet is copied to cell d5. The cell d5 contains the formula.
(a) = s$3*c$4
(b) = d$1*$a4
(c) = b$3*$c2
(d) = b$1*$a2
100. An error in software or hardware is called is a bug. What is the alternative computer jargon for it?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: