All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. The application fee is non-refundable.
Details of application fee for GATE 2015
|Male Candidates (General/OBC)||Rs. 1500/-|
|Women Candidates of any category||Rs. 750/-|
|Other Candidates (General/OBC)||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC / ST / PwD* Category Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
* PwD: Person with a Physical Disability
- For GATE 2015 payments would have to be made through online by selecting either using any bank Debit Card/Credit Card, Net Banking or e-challan facilities ONLY.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office with this interface you can
1. Apply for the examination online.
2. Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/ certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
3. Pay the application fee through net-banking.
4. Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
5. Contact the Zonal GATE Offices in case of any queries/problems.
6. Download Admit Card.
7. View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface is through your GOAPS Enrolment ID and a GOAPS password. Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
Filling in Application Online
1. GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) can be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2015 Organizing Institute.
2. Registration: You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. Choose the email id that you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE Offices will be sent to this address (DO NOT USE ANYBODY ELSE’S e-mail ADDRESS. ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
GOAPS Password: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the Enrollment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be your name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself.
3. GOAPS Enrollment ID: Upon registration, an email containing your GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to you. You need to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE 2015 related communications/website operations.
4. Data Requirement for Application Filling: Before you login to GOAPS using Enrolment ID and Password, keep the following information ready:
a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.).
b) Address for Communication (including PIN code),
c) Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college),
d) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities,
e) High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
f) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified.
g) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format.
h) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
i) Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
j) Your Net-banking login and password to make the application fee payment via online net-banking mode. In case you are making the payment through debit card/credit card have the following information like debit card/credit card number, password, CVV number ready with you.
5. Application Filling: Fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage if you require.
Upload the required soft copy of photo, signature and Certificate from Principal (duly signed and stamped by the Principal). Check the correctness of the photo and your signature and documents that are uploaded. If the uploaded soft copy is not correct or you are not satisfied with the quality of the soft copy, you may upload them again.
6. You will have to select the payment option (details given below) while filling the online form.
7. The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again.
8. Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
9. Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
10. For online payment follow the instructions given payment options.
11. Problems in Login into GOAPS –This step may be used, if the candidate forgets the password or the Enrollment ID or did not receive the Enrollment ID. Visit the “Problems in Login into GOAPS” link on the GOAPS website.
a) In case of forgotten Enrollment ID or non-receipt of Enrollment ID via email, candidate must provide mobile number and the GOAPS Password. The Enrollment ID will be sent to the candidate via SMS.
b) In case of forgotten password, candidate must provide Mobile Number and Enrollment ID, which will be verified and a new GOAPS password will be sent to the candidate via SMS/email.
c) In case of forgotten Enrollment ID as well as password or payment has not been made, the candidate must re-enroll. If the payment has been made, then the candidate must contact the Zonal GATE Office.
Eligibility criteria and necessary supporting documents can be found from the eligibility table for GATE .
Candidates who are in any of the above categories have to upload a valid documentary evidence .
Certificate from Principal
Candidates who mention that they are yet to complete their course, will receive a “Certificate from Principal” section printed on the bottom part of the PDF file. Before you upload this certificate, it is MANDATORY to obtain the signature and seal of the college Principal on this.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: