Some Important Points About JIPMER 2014 Entrance Examination:-
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry), JIPMER is 170 kms. by road from Chennai.
- JIPMER has been declared as an “Institution of National Importance” by an Act of Parliament, JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. A copy of the Act was Gazette notified on 14-7-2008 to enforce this Act. Prior to this the Institute was functioning under the administrative control of Directorate General of Health Service, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
- The Institution is now empowered to award Medical Degrees, Diplomas, etc., under the clauses 23 & 24 of the said Act. Such Degrees / Diploma , etc., shall be deemed to be included in the schedules to the respective Acts governing Medical Council of India, Indian Nursing Council and Dental Council of India, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from the recognized Universities of India.
- Admission to M.B.B.S. Course for 150 seats is through an Entrance Examination conducted by JIPMER at various centers across India once a year.
- JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with bed strength of 2559 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S, Degree Courses are offered in 37 disciplines. Super Specialty departments of Cardiology, Neurology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Neonatology, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Hematology, Nephrology, Medical Oncology, Endocrinology, Surgical Oncology and Surgical Gastroenterology also offer D.M./ M.Ch. Courses. Full-time Ph.D. Programs are available in eight disciplines as on date. Master of Public Health (30 seats) Post Basic Diploma Courses in Nursing (50 Seats in five disciplines) were started in January 2014.
- JIPMER aims to provide high quality learning environment for those undertaking taught and research degrees awarded by JIPMER in the Faculty of Medicine. Teaching and Training for M.B.B.S. Degree at JIPMER is focused on health improvement, disease prevention and cure as well as fundamental understanding. All medical graduates must meet the core outcomes set by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- JIPMER ensures that teaching methods employed, facilities and content of the programme are in line with the latest innovations with a strong science base. JIPMER promotes teaching and training through small seminars, didactic lectures, wide range of clinical and laboratory experiences, independent thinking and relevant research. JIPMER Hospital provides free medical care accessible to poorer sections of society.
Related Links JIPMER 2014 :-
- How to Apply for JIPMER 2014
- JIPMER 2014 Important Dates
- JIPMER 2014 Eligibility
- JIPMER 2014 Syllabus
- JIPMER 2014 Exam Centre
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: