LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
M.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – MEDICAL LAB. TECH.
SECOND SEMESTER – April 2009
ML 2953 / 2951- METHODOLOGY OF MEDICAL LABORATORY RESEARCH
Date & Time: 24/04/2009 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Answer each in a few sentences: (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
- Expand the abbreviations: DRDO, ICMR, IPR, DBT.
- Distinguish biased from unbiased data.
- What is central measure of tendency?
- What is Bayh- Dole Act?
- How do you quote a journal and a text book in bibliography? Give examples.
- Distinguish research method from research methodology.
- What is Plagairism?
- Define Standard deviation and calculate mean and SD for the given data:
22 24 21 23 20
- What is meant by citation index?
- What are various types of objectives in research?
Answer any four of the following: (4 x 10 = 40 Marks)
- Describe various good laboratory practices.
- Explain the criteria for preparation of project proposal.
- Write an account on career development in paramedical research.
- In an experiment on immunization of cattle against anthrax, following results were obtained.
Type Affected Not affected
Inoculated 22 45
Not-inoculated 44 18
Calculate Chi-square value (Table value is 3.84 at 5% level of significance).
- Explain the importance of ethics in research.
- Classify types of research in paramedical sciences.
Answer any TWO of the following: (2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- Describe in detail the principles involved in research.
- Describe kinds of research program in India and abroad.
- Write an essay on principle and method of patenting.
- Write an essay on preparation of a manuscript for publication.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: