Just like other five AIIMS institutions which were established in 2012 under the Government scheme of PMSSY, AIIMS Jodhpur was established as a medical college and medical research centre at Jodhpur, Rajasthan in the same academic year.
The first academic session for AIIMS Jodhpur started with the batch of 50 MBBS students on 17 September 2012. Also, it was the first institution among the six AIIMS to start the Out patient services in 15 areas of specialization.
Few of those areas are mentioned below:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General medicine
- General surgery
- Pulmonary medicine
- Pathology and lab medicine
- Microbiology and so on.
Faculties in AIIMS Jodhpur:
Here are the lists of few professors for every department in AIIMS Jophpur. They are
Department of Anatomy:
Professor: Dr.Surajjt Ghatak
- Surajit Ghatak has successfully published 5 articles and 4 abstracts on the academic year 2014.
- Successful conferences or workshops are held in the year 2014 at AIIMS Jodhpur. Workshop on lateral Skull base surgery was one of the most famous workshops delivered by Dr.Surajit Ghatak which was held at AIIMS Jodhpur.
Additional Professor: Dr.Bijendra singh
- Bijendra singh has successfully published 7 articles and 4 abstracts on the academic year 2014.
- Successfully conducted Basic Life Support (BLS) course American heart Association in coordination with AIIMS Jodhpur on April 2014.
Department of Pharmacology:
Professor: Dr.Sneha Ambwani:
- Total number of articles published by Dr.Sneha Ambwani is 10.
- Participated in the 17th World congress of basic and clinical Pharmacology, Cape Town, South Africa on July 2014.
Associate professor: Dr.Pramod kumar Sharma
- Two articles are successfully published by associate professor Dr.Parmod Kumar in the year 2014.
- Gastrointestinal and Hepato pancreatic Biliary Interventions workshop was the successful workshop participated by Dr.Pramod Kumar.
Department of Microbiology:
Professor: Dr.Vijayalakshmi Nag
- Total numbers of papers presented by Dr.Vijayalakshmi Nag is 7.
- She was the organizing chairman for CME at AIIMS Jodhpur for the year 2014.
Associate professor: Dr.Anuradha Sharma
- She has successfully submitted one paper in the year 2014.
Assistant professor: Dr.Ravi sekhar Gadepalli
Department of Nursing:
Assistant professor: Dr.Ashok Kumar
Department of Forensic medicine and toxicology:
Professor: Dr.Punit setia
Department of Radiotherapy:
Professor: Dr.Puneet Pareek
Department of Dentistry:
Assistant Professor: Dr.Ankita Chugh