Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is a national level entrance examination conducted by VIT University for the admission to the Bachelor Engineering degree courses at its Chennai and Vellore campus.
About VIT University:
Founded in the year 1984 by Mr.G.Viswanathan, VIT has around 20 Undergraduate courses and 34 Post graduate courses, 4 integrated courses and 4 Research programs. VIT has been ranked one among the top ten institutes of India by India today. It is otherwise said to be an institute of higher education and a deemed University under the Section 3 of UGC act.
It has two campuses at Vellore and Chennai. Initially the college was affiliated with Madras University and later in June 2001, the Union Ministry of Human Resource Department conferred VEC (Vellore Engineering College) as a Deemed University and thus it was named as “VIT University”.
VITEEE examination is a very famous entrance examination for the admission to the Bachelor degree of Engineering in any of the campuses of VIT. Around 200000 students applied online for the VITEEE 2015 Examination last year.
This exam is a computer based test (CBT) and it was held in various test centres in India as well as abroad. Questions were based on prescribed syllabus with an option to the students to attend any of the papers from the following such as
VITEEE 2016 is expected to be held from April 6th 2016 to April 17th 2016.
Important dates for VITEEE 2016:
Start of registration: November 27th 2015
End of the registration process: February 29th 2016
VITEEE 2016 admit card can be downloaded from: March 3rd week, 2016
Online Exam starting date: April 6th 2016
Online Exam ending date: April 17th 2016
Results to be declared on: April 29th 2016
VITEEE 2016 Counselling: 2nd and 3rd week of May 2016
The exam will be conducted as 3 sessions every day
Session 1: 9.00 A.M to 11.30 A.M
Session 2: 12.30 P.M to 3.00 P.M
Session 3: 4.00 P.M to 6.30 P.M
No negative marks are applicable for wrong attempts.
Candidates are requested to satisfy the eligibility criteria genuinely since it will be verified during the time of admission.
The eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2016 are:
- Candidates those who have cleared 10+12th classes with a minimum of 50% aggregate with major subjects such as PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) or PCB ((Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- Candidates those who are currently in the final year of 12th standard board exam can also attend the examination.
- Candidates with PCM background can apply to any disciplines of UG at VIT University.
- Candidates with PCB background are eligible to apply only B.Tech Bioinformatics, Bio medical engineering and Biotechnology programmes only.
- NIOS (National Institute of Open schooling) candidates are eligible to appear for VITEEE 2016 entrance examination.
- Applicant must be a resident/non-resident Indian National
- Candidates whose Date of Birth falls on or after July 1, 1994 are eligible to apply for VITEEE
- Candidates must have done regular, formal and full time education to take part in this examination.
How to apply for VITEEE 2016?
VITEEE 2016 application form (Online and offline) will be available from November 27th 2015. All the details such as centre booking, date of issuance of e-admit card will be communicated to the students through email only. Thus, it is very necessary to enter the proper details while filling the application form.
Instructions for applying online:
- Visit the official site of VIT. http://www.vit.ac.in
- Download the application form for VITEEE 2016 examination.
- Fill in all the details correctly such as correct and genuine Contact number, Address, Email id, etc., This is very important since every communication is done through email id.
- Scanned copy of recently taken photograph with dimensions (3.5 cm * 4.5 cm) and scanned copy of digital signature of the candidate with dimensions (3.5 cm * 1.5 cm) must be uploaded in JPEG/JPG format.
- Application fees of Rs.990/- can be paid through internet banking facility either through debit card or credit card or demand draft mode.
- It is mandatory that online applying candidates should send the hard copy of the application form to the University addressed to the “Director UG Admissions”, VIT University, Vellore – 632014.
Instructions for applying offline:
- Candidates can buy the application forms directly from the VIT University, Vellore or VIT University, Chennai or Chennai Administrative office.
- The address of Chennai administrative office is as below:
New no:6, Old no: W-73
Second street (Opposite to towers club)
Chennai -600 040,
Contact number: 044-42016555, 65480555
- Candidates can obtain the application form by handing over Rs.990/- drawn in favor of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
- Candidates can also obtain the application form through post by sending a Demand Draft for Rs.990/- drawn in the favor of “VIT University”, Payable at Vellore, with a covering letter addressed to “Director UG Admissions”, VIT University, Vellore -632 014. Candidates must write their name, mobile number and contact address at the back side of the DD.
All the questions will be mostly covered from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE Syllabus only. Thus, the syllabus for VITEEE 2016 Exam is:
The most important topics which must be covered during the preparation are
- Laws of motion, work, energy and power
- Properties of matter
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of the Electric current
- Semiconductor devices and their applications
- Nuclear Physics
- Dual Nature of radiation and atomic physics
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating current
- P,d and f Block elements
- Coordination chemistry and solid state chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical equilibrium and chemical kinetics
- Atomic structure
- Isomerism in organic compounds
- Alcohols and ethers
- Carbonyl compounds
- Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- Organics nitrogen compounds
- Matrices and Determinants and their applications
- Analytical Geometry of two dimensions
- Complex numbers
- Vector algebra
- Differential calculus
- Probability distributions
- Discrete mathematics
- Integral calculus and its applications
- Differential equations
- Analytical geometry of three dimensions
- Cell and molecular biology
- Genetics and evolution
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity, ecology and its environment
- Human health and diseases.
- English grammar and pronunciation
The pattern for VITEEE 2016 is below:
40 questions each carry one mark. Thus, totally 40 marks.
40 questions each carry one mark. Thus, totally 40 marks.
40 questions each carry one mark. Thus, totally 40 marks
English totally 5 questions each carrying one mark. Thus, total 5 marks.
Thus, totally 125 questions. 125 marks.
All questions are objective type of questions. Each question carries four alternative options among which the student has to choose the correct one. Total duration of the exam is 2 and half hours. There is no negative marking scheme for any wrong attempts.
How to prepare:
Here are the few preparation tips for VITEEE 2016.
- Make a schedule before you start preparing for VITEEE 2016 examination. Avoid learning in an unordered manner.
- Understand the basic concepts of all important topics.
- Developing speed and accuracy is very important to crack VITEEE Thus, sharpen your brains and try to solve your problems before the specified time.
- Practice to solve previous year question papers using the stop clock.
- Develop your thinking and creative skills.
- Do not spend more time on unknown questions. Try to solve known questions at first.
- Make short notes like important formulas, equations and keep it handy for last minute preparation.
- Clear your concepts by discussing it with your friends and teachers.
- Do not stress yourself
- Have enough and good sleep.
VITEEE Admit card:
- The e-Admit card will be available once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the Online test booking system.
- e-Admit card will contain the details such as e-Admit card number, Photograph of the student, address of the test centre, Test date and time selected by the candidate.
- In order to download the e-Admit card the candidate must provide his application number and online test booking password in the official site of VIT.
VITEEE Results are planned to be declared on April 29th, 2016. The results will be calculated on the
basis of Equipercentile Equating method. Exam authorities use this method to find out the ranks of the
To know the results of VITEEE 2016 candidates have to log into the official site of VIT at the time of
result declaration and check it using the Application number and date of birth.
VITEEE Counselling will be conducted by the VIT University for the admission to the various VIT
campus and courses. Counselling will be done on the basis of results obtained by the students.
Before appearing to the counselling session, the students have to choose their choice of counselling