|Lok Sabha Constituencies in Goalpara district, Assam (MP Constituencies)||Dhubri
|MLA Assembly Constituencies in Goalpara district, Assam||Dudhnai
About Goalpara District :
The present Goalpara district was created in the year 1983 with two sub-divisions viz Goalpara Sadar sub-division and North Salmara Civil sub-division, carved out from erstwhile Goalpara district. However, the same was again reconstituted in the year 1989 with only Sadar sub-division of Goalpara and the Civil sub-division of North Salmara was taken away in that year and merged with newly created Bongaigaon district. At present the district of Goalpara is situated entirely on the south bank of the river Brahmaputra.The district covers an area of 1,911 sq. km. and is bounded by West and East Garo Hill districts of the state of Meghalaya on the south and Kamrup district on the East, Dhubri district on the West and mighty river Brahmaputra all along the North. In the district, 90% of the population depend their livelihood on agricultureThe principal agriculture produce are Paddy, Jute, Green and Black Gram and Potato etc. Located on the foot hills of Meghalaya and on the Bank of the mighty river Brahmaputra , Goalpara district is endowed with its scenic beautyThe evergreen forests on low hills with its undulating landscape, if harnessed properly, will attract tourists of all hue to this district.
District at a Glance :
- District –
- Headquarters –
- Total –
- Rural –
- Urban –
- Population –
- Rural –
- Urban –
- Male –
- Female –
- Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) –
- Density (Total, Persons per sq km) –
- Loksabha –
- Official Website –
Tourist Places :
Surya Pahar :Sri Suryapahar (26o 5/ N , 90 o 42/ E ), a site famous for archeological remains, lies in the Goalpara district. Composed of 7 (Seven) peaks, spanning over an area of approx. 1400 acres (583.33 Hec) the site also gets the name of “Hateli”, which is located about 13 Kms away from Goalpara town, on the western side. Because of its archeological importance, Archeological Survey of India (ASI) has protected this site of National Importance. It is also a historical site famous for its terracotta, wonderful and exquisite pieces of rock-cut sculpture depicting deities of Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. This combination is a rare phenomenon.
One can get a panoramic view of the Brahmaputra and the confluence of the Dudhnoi and Krishnai rivers near Ujir’s Char village in the northern direction from the Suryapahar. In this site innumerable statues and engraving of idols, Shivalings caressed by streams, Stupas- some as tall as four feet and Caves are found. The ASI started excavation in the site from 1984 and unearthed rock- Votive Stupas on a giant single rock, lord Vishnu with twelve hands, Goddess Durga (Mahisasuramardini), rock cut panel of Vishnu, Hari Hara, Lord Shiva, Jain Tirthankaras, Panchyatna Temple Complex, Water Reservoirs, existence of well constructed pucca structures among others. The excavated sites are believed to be of Post-Gupta Era. As per popular belief, there exist one less than a lakh Shivalingas in total in Surya Pahar, which tragically fails it to claim the place as Kashidham! However Suryapahar may be considered as the second Kashidham.
An ancient Hanuman Temple exists near Surya Pahar and contains ancient idols.A great Mela “Sri Sri Surya Mela”is held every January in the Suryapahar site for three days, starting on Maghi Purnima day. Thousands of devotees and visitors throng there during the period. Visitors from other places including foreigners, visit this famous archeological site.
According to tradition, the name Sri Suryapahar was derived from the image of Surya Devata (The Sun-God).It is the only site in the entire North-Eastern region where people and the monarchs of the ages belonging to different faiths had perhaps enjoyed a common platform for worshipping their own Gods and Goddesses and Avatars.
Dadan Hillock :Dadan hill having a Shiva Temple on its top, was established by DADAN, one of the General of King Bana of Sonitpur. There are some mythological stories reflecting various events on the foot hills of Dadan on the bank of river Dariduri.
It is believed that the General, a devotee of Lord Shiva, killed a wild elephant with his sword on this spot which came often and disturbed him in his meditation, now may be witnessed in the form of a stone (resembling an elephant) which is lying on the bank of river Dariduri. Thousands of people specially from the tribal, Rabha community gather on the above mentioned spot to worship Lord Shiva , once a year specially in the month of February. The area is thickly forested with rivers and waterfalls inhabited by people of the Rabha community. Besides the religious aspect the entire area is rich in scenic beauty.
The turbulent rivers, the mystic blue hills, the savage terrains and serene countryside beckon the adventures.
The hills of Goalpara district particularly Rakhyashini, Tukreswary. are attractive for those who would love trekking and rock climbing. The monkey of Trukreswari hills who are never daunted even by arms and uniforms would offer funny pranks to the visitors to the temple and the hill.One should not be surprised seeing them pose elegantly before a camera. These hills are also unique in structure to provide an idea and experience to the learners of rock climbing.
Majar – Sharif of Pir Saheb :The MAJAR – SHARIF of Sufi Saint Shah Sayed Nasiruddin Kaderi, commonly known as “BAGDADI” is situated at Jaleswar-Katarihara , 60 km away from Goalpara Town by road. The saint is said to have come from Bagdad, capital of Iraq and therefore he was called Bagdadi.
On the 8th day of Assamese calendar month “Magh” coinciding with 21st January, each year, thousands of people cutting across religious faiths from different parts of Assam and West Bengal congregate at this Majar sharif to participate in the “UROS MUBARAK” – death anniversary of the spiritual leader and seek his blessings.
Pir Majhar :The “MAJHAR” (tomb) of Hazarat Sayed Abul Kasem Kharasani, situated at the heart of Goalpara town, is a place much revered by the people of all religious faiths. It is the practice of both Muslims and Hindus of Goalpara to offer money and candle and pray for fulfilment of desire and seek blessing from the Pir Saheb. Every year the “UROS-MUBARAK” – death anniversary of the Pir is observed at the “MAJHAR-SARIF” on the 21st day of lunar calendar month of “Safar”. People coming across of all religious belief throng in thousands to participate in the “UROS”.
It is said that the Pir lived a long life of about 150 years and died at Goalpara in the year 1896 AD.
Sri Sri Shyamrai Satra :The Shyamrai Satra the center of Vaishnavite culture and religion was established in the centre of the town, Goalpara about 366 years ago.
Since then, the Satra has been continuing upholding vashnavite culture. Regular “NAM PRASANGA” etc. are held systematically with the observance of the religious festivals every year.
One of the very important aspects of the Satra is that the Satra authority has preserved the “ASTHI” (a piece of bone) of Sri Manta Sankardeva which is exhibited in the Satra campus during Sankar Jayanti period i.e., in the month of Sukla Dasami (during September- October)
Sri Sri Chaitanya Gaudiya Math :Sri Sri Chaitanya Gaudiya Math was established at Goalpara in the year 1969 in order to protect, preserve and expand Sri Krishna Chaitanya culture in the area on a plot of land at the center of the town. Regular puja Sangkirtan etc. are held in the Math regularly. A large numbers of devotees from different parts visit the Math regularly. During some important annual festival devotees from different part of the country including foreigners attend the Math.
Buraburi Than, Mothertola :BuraBuri Than located on the bank of the River Brahmaputra near Jaleswar is a prominent religious spot. The than, which stands as a symbol of National Integration since people from all groups i.e., Hindu, Muslim etc. participate in the religious function here. Long years ago the “RAKHAL” (Cow boys) used to take “PAYAS” (Milk made rice) as “PRASAD” regularly which was offered to them by Bura Buri (an Old man and an Old Woman) As the myth goes the said Bura buri turned into stone.
Sri Sri Joybhum Kamakhya :Out of 51 “SAKTI STHAL” of Hinduism covering India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Srilanka and Nepal Sri Sri Joybhum Kamakhya is one of the Saktisthals located in this district on the bank of the river Brahmaputra at a distance of about 50 Km from Goalpara Town. Originally the area was predominated by tribal population and Puja in tribal custom is offered to the Goddess regularly. Devastating earthquake in the 17th century caused great damage to the temple. However, the Zamindar of Meshpara reconstructed the temple The temple is located at the top of a hillock and its natural scenery of the spot as a whole is matchless. There is a Shiva temple also by the side of the Joybhum Kamakhya Temple. Devotees from different parts of India assemble in the temple during the festival in the month of October every year for offering puja to the Goddess of Power.
Nandeswar Devalaya :Nandeswar Devalaya is one of the oldest devalayas (Shiva Temple) established on the top of Nandeswar hill which stands by the side of river Dudhnoi. There is reason to believe that the temple was established in the 10th or 11th century AD. Shivaratri, Durga Puja and Dol jatra festivals are celebrated in the temple.
Tukreswari :Tukreswari Temple is also a famous religious spot located by the side of National Highways 37 at Tukura about 15 KM from Goalpara Town. As per religious faith a portion of (TUKURA) the Goddess Sati fell in this place and therefore the temple is known as Tukreswari. Two temples are there at the top of Tukreswari hill , one is a Shiva Temple and the other is known as JOYA- VIJOYA. Temple.
VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Vellore Institute of Technology is one of the best University referred by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development. The campus of VIT is spread over an area of 250 acres with all world class amenities like Smart Classrooms, Multicuisine Restaurant, Auditoriums and Conference halls, Sports Club, Separate hostels for girls and boys and a well equipped infrastructure. The admissions to various disciplines in engineering course are conducted through Entrance Examination. The entrance examination is conducted for the following branches;
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical and Energy Engineering
The age limit of the candidate must be 21 years or more. The candidate must have completed the 10th and 12th with a minimum aggregation of 60% in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the State board or Central Board of Education. The SC/ST and other north region candidates must have 50% aggregate in all the subjects referred above. The candidates who are likely to prefer Biotechnology, Bio-Medical and Bio-Informatics must have taken Biology as their subject in the 12th board exam. For other disciplines, the candidate can take any subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. Candidates who have studied full time, regular and formal education are eligible for Entrance exam. National Institute of Open Schooling candidates are also eligible for the entrance exam.
The exam consists of 125 multiple choice questions with two and half hours time duration. The Questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English. Depending on the branch preferred the candidate have to answer biology or Mathematics paper. The Physics subject consists of 40 questions. The Chemistry subject consists of 40 questions. The Biology/Mathematics subject consists of 40 questions. The English paper consists of four questions. The questions are based on their higher secondary education syllabus. There is no penalty for wrong answer.
The selected candidates from entrance exam are called for counseling process. The candidates who are selected for the Counselling process must submit the original of the following documents;
- E Admit card, VITEEE result card, Counselling admit card
- Copy of Provisional Admission letter
- 10th mark sheet or age proof certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate/Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate (SC/ST candidates)
- Nativity Certificate (for Northern State Candidates)
- Photocopy of all the above certificates
After the counselling process, the commencement of classes are noticed at the official website of the University.
The syllabus is mainly from the Higher Secondary Education subjects. The exam is mainly conducted at the month of April of every year.
How to Apply
- Log onto the official website
- Fill all the mandatory details
- Pay the fees for the exam using Net Banking, Credit or Debit cards
- Select the test centre
- Check the application
- Submit the application
- Take the printout for future reference
For offline submission
- Fill the application form
- Pay the fees using Bank Challan
Send the application to the address referred below;
VIT University, Vellore
UG entrance fees is Rs 975/-
International Transfer Programme
The VIT University has implemented a new International Transfer Programme for Under Graduate students. The students who are willing can study two years engineering Course in VIT campus, Vellore and the next two years the students can study in any foreign countries. The graduation will be provided by any Foreign University that have tie up with Partner Universities .The first batch for the programme will be commenced from the current year .The system established for the three main courses;
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Vellore Institute of Technology:
VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology) is one of the most popular and prestigious University in India which was established in the 1984. It was declared as a deemed University under the Act of UGC. VIT has its campuses situated at Vellore and Chennai. It provides numerous UG courses, PG courses, and Integrated and research programs.
Programs offered by Vellore Institute of Technology:
Let us check few important and unique courses offered at both Vellore and Chennai campus. The University offers 20 UG courses, 34 PG courses, 4 integrated programmes and four research programs.
UG courses in Vellore Campus:
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Mechanical ( Specialization in Automobile, in Chemical process and in Energy Engineering)
- Computer science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics.
- Other usual courses available in all engineering colleges
UG Courses in Chennai campus:
- All usual courses like Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, etc.,
PG Courses in Vellore campus:
- Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in cloud computing
- Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Big data analysis
- Tech Automotive Engineering in collaboration with ARAI, Pune
- Tech Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Tech CAD/CAM
PG Courses in Chennai campus:
- Tech Mechatronics
- Tech Structural Engineerning
Integrated courses offered:
- Tech software Engineering (5 years course)
- Sc Biotechnology (5 years course)
Let us check out the Annual fees for few of the popular courses.
M.Tech Software Engineering:
For Scholarship category 1: INR 96,000 per annum
For Scholarship category 2: INR 1,59,000 per annum
For Scholarship category 3: INR 1,92,000 per annum
M.Tech CAD/CAM/ M.Tech Energy and Enviromental Engineering/ M.Tech Biomedical Engineering:
For Scholarship category 1: INR 1,50,000 per annum
For Scholarship category 2: INR 2,30,000 per annum
M.Tech Manufacturing Engineering/ M.Tech Communication Engineering/ M.Tech Nanotechnology:
For Scholarship category 1: INR 2,60,000 per annum
For Scholarship category 2: INR 2,96,000 per annum
M.Tech Embedded systems/ M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in cloud
computing/ M.Tech Power Electronics and Drives:
For Scholarship category 1: INR 1,90,000 per annum
For Scholarship category 2: INR 2,99,000 per annum
Group A: Biotechnology, Civil, Chemical, Mechanical with spec in energy engineering, IT, EEE, E&I
Total fees to be paid per annum: INR 1,76,000
Group B: Mechanical Engineering, CSE, E&C, Mechanical in spec with automotive Engineering.
Total fees to be paid per annum: INR 1,98,000
VITEEE (Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination) is a national level
engineering entrance examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology for the admission to the
B.Tech programs in VIT campuses (Vellore and Chennai).
Eligibility criteria for this exam:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen to take part in the exam.
- Candidate must have either completed or appearing for the qualifying examination conducted by State board, CBSE or ICSE board.
- Candidates must have secured at least 60% of marks in all the major subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- Candidates should not be more than 22 years.
Mode of examination: Online or offline mode
Total duration of the exam: 2 hours 30 minutes
Students can either choose Mathematics or Biology during the slot booking of VITEEE. According to the choice of subjects, question booklet differs for all the students. All subjects will be carrying 40 marks each. No negative marks are applicable for the incorrect attempts. Students who are in merit lists are called for the VIT counselling session, and admitted to their desirable courses according to their ranks and seat availability.
Placements in VIT:
Nowadays, this is a common question among students that which is the best college to provide “On campus” facility for the students. VIT is one of the famous institutes for placing maximum of its students in its campus drives. It has proved to be a consistent topper for placement records among all the private institutes of India. Most of the MNCs such as Wipro, Microsoft, Google, Oracle, Honda, Intel, Accenture, etc., have appointed many of the students from VIT for the past several years.
Facilities in VIT campus:
- Hostels and Dining facility:
VIT provides best Hostel and dining facilities which provides students affordable food services within the campus.
- Placement facilities:
As mentioned above, VIT stands in the leading position among all the private Engineering institutions in placing numerous numbers of students every year.
- Sports Facilities:
VIT provides all facility regarding sports. It gives its full support for the students who are excellent in sports. It provides special training for those students and helps in building up their confidence and competitive spirit.
- Conference Facility:
VIT often conducts symposiums/ workshops/ National and international conferences which provides students a great exposure in every fields. VIT campus has numerous conference halls and Auditoriums for this purpose. Few of them are:
- Anna Auditorium with a capacity of 1800 persons
- M.Channa Reddy Auditorium which can occupy 469 persons
- Kamaraj Auditorium which occupies 128 persons
- Rajaji Hall with capacity of 120 people
- Seminar hall at CDMM block which can occupy 120 people
- Navalar Neduchezian Hall which can occupy 38 people
VIT has enabled a new facility called Smart classroom with hi-tech equipments which allows the faculties to conduct classes very easily just through single click of a button. This is a very special learning environment with a projector, computer and a touch screen white board. This touch screen board serves also as a electronic board where everything written can be saved for the future reference.
Right now, there are two smart classrooms inside the VIT campus. More smart classrooms are planned to be derived in the near future for the welfare of the students of VIT. Thus, VIT University has dedicated itself to provide education through modern and innovative techniques. It is a cosmopolitan campus with students from all over the country. Thus, studying at VIT gives you a guaranteed success to your life and career.
Career choice with VITEEE:
Vellore Institute of Technology is one of the top most Universities of India. This University conducts Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) every year to select the best candidates for the admission to the Vellore Institute of Technology. The level of difficulty is moderate when compared to the other competitive exams like IIT JEE, JEE Main etc., There is no negative marking scheme in VITEEE exam. Thus, the students can attend every possible question without missing anyone. Candidates who are preparing for IIT JEE can also apply for this exam since most of the syllabus for VITEEE is covered from IIT JEE.
What after VITEEE? Students those who are preparing for the VITEEE must have questioned themselves “What after VITEEE?”
However, after scoring well in VITEEE exam, you can get desired seats either in VIT Vellore or VIT Chennai campus according to your ranks. Any course in VIT adds more importance to your life and career since it is one of the Top ten Colleges of India.
Brief information about VIT Education:
VIT is a unique University which offers courses through different schools of VIT. They are:
- SENSE (School of Electronics Engineering)
- SAS (School of Advanced Sciences)
- SSL (School of Social science and Languages)
- SCSE (School of Computing Science and Engineering)
Now, lets see few important courses in VIT after VITEEE:
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology:
Biotechnology is an area which uses living organisms for manufacturing chemical products, medicines, day to day life products to qualify the human life. In this engineering course, you will learn how to make use of the living organisms, cells and micro organisms to produce best medicines that will never harm the environment. Biotechnology can be explained with three main topics such as Biochemistry, Gene Technology and Molecular Biology.
Scope for Biotechnology:
Biotechnology has become one of the most demanding engineering courses which have widely opened opportunities for all Biotechnologists in India. The growing demand for Biotechnology in India has made many foreign companies to seek the help of Indians to set up their Biotechnology companies here. There are wide ranges of jobs available for a Biotechnologist such as in Chemical Industries, Textile Industries, Drug and Pharmaceutical research industries, Food processing and Bio processing Industries. Government sectors like Thapar Group, Biocon India Ltd, Hindustan Antibiotics, IDPL , etc., are ready to hire fresh engineering graduates from this Biotechnology groups.
- Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering:
This is one of the engineering courses which attract more women candidates than any other usual courses. Also, Biomedical engineering stream is selected as a best area to work according to a survey conducted by IEEE’s Spectrum magazine. Biomedical Engineers must have sound knowledge in both the theoretical and practical concepts of medical sciences.
Opportunities in Biomedical Engineering:
- Successful Biomedical Engineer is able to get opportunity in the government sectors like ESIC (Employment State Insurance Corporation), RGBC (Rajiv Gandhi center for Biotechnology and biomedical engineering), National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) etc.,
- A Biomedical engineer can also work in the designations such as Physical therapist, research scientist, patent analyst and technical writers in any Government sectors of India.
- Biomedical engineer is responsible for building, developing and maintaining new biomedical engineering devices which are used for monitoring and treating diseases.
- Bachelor of Technology Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering/Chemical Process Engineering/Energy Engineering:
These are the courses which are uniquely available only in VIT since it is the main center for higher technical education in the country. Bachelor of Technology Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering program is offered by VIT along with ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India), Pune which is an industrial research organization to encourage the graduates with high skills and creativity in Automobile field.
Bachelor of Technology Mechanical with specialization in Energy Engineering which is a useful course for the betterment of human life and also nation’s prosperity. This course well equips the students to face the challenges faced in the energy production, energy conservation & management and distribution of energy. Students who have successfully completed Bachelor of Technology Mechanical with specialization in Chemical Process can work in the designations such as Refining engineer, Production engineer, Process design engineer, Chemical equipment engineer and so on. These students can get opportunities in Government sectors like LPSC, ISRO, Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd, IIST, etc.
- Bachelor of Technology Production and Industrial Engineering:
Production and industrial Engineer has wide variety of opportunities in government, private and public sectors. The duty of any production engineer is to produce better working prototype for any industry which can help in saving money and time. On the other hand, Industrial engineers are responsible for predicting and analyzing engineering principles and methods for an Industry along with the knowledge of Mathematics, Physics and Social Sciences.
Thus, on the whole, Production and Industrial Engineering equips a person with every type of essential skills like technical, analytical and managerial which is required to run the industry successfully with limited time, money and other resources.
They can get opportunities in the following sectors such as :
- Automobile companies for checking the operations of automotive equipments
- Food processing industries
- Space and other research industries
- IT Sectors
They can work for the designations such as Plant Engineer, Industrial Managers, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer and Quality Control Engineer. Government sectors like NALCO, SAIL, TATA STEEL, ISRO, FACT, HAL, etc., provide wide opportunity for the production and industrial engineers.
- Bachelor of Technology Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics:
Bioinformatics is a course which concentrates in application and development of computing tools used in the field of Biology. Bioinformatics has provided many latest tools for maintaining and analyzing the datasets which are really complex for manual maintenance and analysis. This course of Bachelor of Technology in Computer science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics deals with the development of computational tools and related theories, algorithms for analyzing and maintaining the biological data in large databases. Thus, a Bioinformatics course is a combination of Molecular Biology, Chemistry and Computer Science.
Career opportunities in CSE with specialization in Bioinformatics:
- These are the computer engineers who work for the welfare of Biotechnology and Biology fields. Since they have to design, store, maintain the biological datas and derive algorithms they can get opportunities in any of the Bio-production or Bio-processing industries.
- They can also get opportunities in Government sectors like Institute of Microbial Technology, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, National-Agro Biotechnology Institute, Department of Biotechnology of Government of India, etc.,
- Other courses:
Just like other colleges, VIT consists of general category courses such as B.E. Computer Science and Engineering, B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, B.E. Electrical and Communication Engineering, B.Tech Information Technology ,etc. These courses have the same standard and the scope according to the industry standards. But however, when completed such courses in VIT, it adds additional importance to your resume.
On the whole, above mentioned courses are all 4 year professional degree courses. You can choose any of the courses according to your interest and skill set. No matter whatever course you choose in VIT, you are assured to get best job opportunities in top most Private and Government sectors due to the brand name “VIT”. Also, the initial pay for any VITians (more or less equal to IITians) will be higher when compared to other Private colleges.
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is a national level entrance examination conducted by VIT University for the admission to the Bachelor Engineering degree courses at its Chennai and Vellore campus.
About VIT University:
Founded in the year 1984 by Mr.G.Viswanathan, VIT has around 20 Undergraduate courses and 34 Post graduate courses, 4 integrated courses and 4 Research programs. VIT has been ranked one among the top ten institutes of India by India today. It is otherwise said to be an institute of higher education and a deemed University under the Section 3 of UGC act.
It has two campuses at Vellore and Chennai. Initially the college was affiliated with Madras University and later in June 2001, the Union Ministry of Human Resource Department conferred VEC (Vellore Engineering College) as a Deemed University and thus it was named as “VIT University”.
VITEEE examination is a very famous entrance examination for the admission to the Bachelor degree of Engineering in any of the campuses of VIT. Around 200000 students applied online for the VITEEE 2015 Examination last year.
This exam is a computer based test (CBT) and it was held in various test centres in India as well as abroad. Questions were based on prescribed syllabus with an option to the students to attend any of the papers from the following such as
VITEEE 2016 is expected to be held from April 6th 2016 to April 17th 2016.
Important dates for VITEEE 2016:
Start of registration: November 27th 2015
End of the registration process: February 29th 2016
VITEEE 2016 admit card can be downloaded from: March 3rd week, 2016
Online Exam starting date: April 6th 2016
Online Exam ending date: April 17th 2016
Results to be declared on: April 29th 2016
VITEEE 2016 Counselling: 2nd and 3rd week of May 2016
The exam will be conducted as 3 sessions every day
Session 1: 9.00 A.M to 11.30 A.M
Session 2: 12.30 P.M to 3.00 P.M
Session 3: 4.00 P.M to 6.30 P.M
No negative marks are applicable for wrong attempts.
Candidates are requested to satisfy the eligibility criteria genuinely since it will be verified during the time of admission.
The eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2016 are:
- Candidates those who have cleared 10+12th classes with a minimum of 50% aggregate with major subjects such as PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) or PCB ((Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- Candidates those who are currently in the final year of 12th standard board exam can also attend the examination.
- Candidates with PCM background can apply to any disciplines of UG at VIT University.
- Candidates with PCB background are eligible to apply only B.Tech Bioinformatics, Bio medical engineering and Biotechnology programmes only.
- NIOS (National Institute of Open schooling) candidates are eligible to appear for VITEEE 2016 entrance examination.
- Applicant must be a resident/non-resident Indian National
- Candidates whose Date of Birth falls on or after July 1, 1994 are eligible to apply for VITEEE
- Candidates must have done regular, formal and full time education to take part in this examination.
How to apply for VITEEE 2016?
VITEEE 2016 application form (Online and offline) will be available from November 27th 2015. All the details such as centre booking, date of issuance of e-admit card will be communicated to the students through email only. Thus, it is very necessary to enter the proper details while filling the application form.
Instructions for applying online:
- Visit the official site of VIT. http://www.vit.ac.in
- Download the application form for VITEEE 2016 examination.
- Fill in all the details correctly such as correct and genuine Contact number, Address, Email id, etc., This is very important since every communication is done through email id.
- Scanned copy of recently taken photograph with dimensions (3.5 cm * 4.5 cm) and scanned copy of digital signature of the candidate with dimensions (3.5 cm * 1.5 cm) must be uploaded in JPEG/JPG format.
- Application fees of Rs.990/- can be paid through internet banking facility either through debit card or credit card or demand draft mode.
- It is mandatory that online applying candidates should send the hard copy of the application form to the University addressed to the “Director UG Admissions”, VIT University, Vellore – 632014.
Instructions for applying offline:
- Candidates can buy the application forms directly from the VIT University, Vellore or VIT University, Chennai or Chennai Administrative office.
- The address of Chennai administrative office is as below:
New no:6, Old no: W-73
Second street (Opposite to towers club)
Chennai -600 040,
Contact number: 044-42016555, 65480555
- Candidates can obtain the application form by handing over Rs.990/- drawn in favor of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
- Candidates can also obtain the application form through post by sending a Demand Draft for Rs.990/- drawn in the favor of “VIT University”, Payable at Vellore, with a covering letter addressed to “Director UG Admissions”, VIT University, Vellore -632 014. Candidates must write their name, mobile number and contact address at the back side of the DD.
All the questions will be mostly covered from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE Syllabus only. Thus, the syllabus for VITEEE 2016 Exam is:
The most important topics which must be covered during the preparation are
- Laws of motion, work, energy and power
- Properties of matter
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of the Electric current
- Semiconductor devices and their applications
- Nuclear Physics
- Dual Nature of radiation and atomic physics
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating current
- P,d and f Block elements
- Coordination chemistry and solid state chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical equilibrium and chemical kinetics
- Atomic structure
- Isomerism in organic compounds
- Alcohols and ethers
- Carbonyl compounds
- Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- Organics nitrogen compounds
- Matrices and Determinants and their applications
- Analytical Geometry of two dimensions
- Complex numbers
- Vector algebra
- Differential calculus
- Probability distributions
- Discrete mathematics
- Integral calculus and its applications
- Differential equations
- Analytical geometry of three dimensions
- Cell and molecular biology
- Genetics and evolution
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity, ecology and its environment
- Human health and diseases.
- English grammar and pronunciation
The pattern for VITEEE 2016 is below:
40 questions each carry one mark. Thus, totally 40 marks.
40 questions each carry one mark. Thus, totally 40 marks.
40 questions each carry one mark. Thus, totally 40 marks
English totally 5 questions each carrying one mark. Thus, total 5 marks.
Thus, totally 125 questions. 125 marks.
All questions are objective type of questions. Each question carries four alternative options among which the student has to choose the correct one. Total duration of the exam is 2 and half hours. There is no negative marking scheme for any wrong attempts.
How to prepare:
Here are the few preparation tips for VITEEE 2016.
- Make a schedule before you start preparing for VITEEE 2016 examination. Avoid learning in an unordered manner.
- Understand the basic concepts of all important topics.
- Developing speed and accuracy is very important to crack VITEEE Thus, sharpen your brains and try to solve your problems before the specified time.
- Practice to solve previous year question papers using the stop clock.
- Develop your thinking and creative skills.
- Do not spend more time on unknown questions. Try to solve known questions at first.
- Make short notes like important formulas, equations and keep it handy for last minute preparation.
- Clear your concepts by discussing it with your friends and teachers.
- Do not stress yourself
- Have enough and good sleep.
VITEEE Admit card:
- The e-Admit card will be available once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the Online test booking system.
- e-Admit card will contain the details such as e-Admit card number, Photograph of the student, address of the test centre, Test date and time selected by the candidate.
- In order to download the e-Admit card the candidate must provide his application number and online test booking password in the official site of VIT.
VITEEE Results are planned to be declared on April 29th, 2016. The results will be calculated on the
basis of Equipercentile Equating method. Exam authorities use this method to find out the ranks of the
To know the results of VITEEE 2016 candidates have to log into the official site of VIT at the time of
result declaration and check it using the Application number and date of birth.
VITEEE Counselling will be conducted by the VIT University for the admission to the various VIT
campus and courses. Counselling will be done on the basis of results obtained by the students.
Before appearing to the counselling session, the students have to choose their choice of counselling
Step by Step guide to VITEEE 2015 Application Process
Entranceindia is there to help for you all students who want to apply for the VITEEE 2015. The first step to study in one of the renowned VIT University is to initiate a smooth application process. For that you need to understand lucidly the total application procedure to avoid any flaws. No one at the end their application forms to get rejected due to silly mistakes or missing out some vital information you may have overlooked. So getting hold of the entire information with step by step guide by Entranceindia will certainly make your life easy.
The online application form is available in the VIT university website www.vit.ac.in. The application have already begun from 1st December. The last date for the acceptance of VITEEE 2015 application is scheduled on 27th February 2015.
These are the instruction step by step to fill the form for the VITEEE 2015 Application process.
The initial linking up is established between you as aspirant and VIT University. VIT sents relevant information like the password to login to start your registration process forwarded to your mobile number and your email address. Once enter all the details to submit you are not entitled to change it, so be extra cautious providing the following information.
- Your Name ~ your full correct spelling of your name as in Class 12 certificate. If you use initials in your name and its on our certificate don’t miss out or elaborate.
- Date of Birth ~ as per the records in the format DD/MM/YY
- Your Gender~ Select male, female or transgender
- Email address ~ Provide a mail address you frequently access to so remembering the password is easy for you. Or if you have created an email address exclusively for the purpose write your new email address and the password and keep it in a secure place
- Then type verification code displayed in the screen and register
It’s now for you to establish the bond streamlining to confirm the connection between you and the VIT University. Keep the password in handy that is forwarded to you in your email address and mobile number.
- Registered email address~ the same you have provided in the Step1
- Password~ The same provided by VIT University in your email and mobile
- Type the verification code displayed on the screen and click on login
Login in the Last step does direct you to this page where you have to start filling your personal details and your educational details. It should be properly filled, with relevant details and correct before you submit. After the submission a application number will be generated.
- Your Name ~ Fill the same way as in the Step 1 with the same instructions
- Date of Birth ~ the same instruction in Step 1. Also, it should be noted that if you are born on or after 1st July 1993 you are only eligible to get your application approved.
- Gender~ Same as Step 1
- Religion~ Which religion you follow clicking on the available options
- Nationality~ You are a born Indian or from any other country where you belong from should be specified
- Community~ Which community you belong from like General or Other Backward Classes or Sheduled Caste or Schedule Tribe
- Mother Tongue~ There are various languages spoken in India. In which language you speak at home be specified eg. Hindi or Marathi or Tamil and likewise
- Native State ~ You may be born and brought up in the State where dad may have settled down due to job or business purpose. Native State means where your forefathers actually belonged from, not staying in a place due to professional requirements
- Whether you need hostel facility ~ While doing the course where will you stay? You prefer to stay at home or any relatives place or intend to take the hostel arranged by the institute.
- Blood Group ~ this is a very important aspect providing your correct blood group. If you don’t know your blood group yet, please detect as you will need it everywhere.
- Address of correspondence ~ Your present address where you are residing
- Mobile Number ~ The same number you provided in Step 1
- Email address ~ The same email address in Step 1
- Name of your Parents or Guardian
- Parents/ Guardian Occupation ~ Your parents are doing job or business
- Medium of Instruction ~ Which medium of instruction you are familiar in your school or in class 12 in English or any other vernacular language
- Mode of Study ~ Are you a regular student attending regular classes or did your studies in correspondence mode. Here it is to be reminded only regular students, full time in formal education is only eligible to apply.
- Name of the Board ~ From which board you have appeared or passed out your class 12 exams
- Roll number/ Registration number ~ provide that if you have already been allotted
- Name of the School
- Address of the School
- Month and year of passing out ~ which year you have passed your class 12
- Choice of campus ~ There are two VIT campus one at Chennai and one in Vellore. You have to choose the campus you want to be a part of.
There is a payment involved as Application fee. You can pay the amount of 940 INR or 50 USD for NRI candidates by
- Demand Draft drawn in favor of VIT University payable at Vellore. If you prefer DD you need to get the draft drawn before you initiate the Application process
- You can also proceed with online mode of payment like the use of Net Banking or through Debit or Credit Card.
You need a soft copy of your passport size color photograph with a dimension of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm in jpeg format. You also need to scan your signature in a dimension of 6cm and 2 cm of height that too in jpeg format. These things you have to arrange in advance before you forward with the application.
JEE Main Model papers for 2014 exam free download here. Entranceindia also offers 15+1 sets and 10+1 sets of Model papers for JEE main students of both online and online mode. Apart from Model papers we also offer Achiever’s Plan for JEE main exam 2014 which is very elaborate containing chapter wise tests for both class XI and XII in each chapters of Physics, chemistry and Mathematics. Our Model papers for 2013 Jee main exam were highly appreciated by students and parents for questions matches in the JEE main entrance test. Students are advised to register free in our website and take online test of the sample test give. Apart from JEE Main we provide model papers and practice papers for BITSAT, VITEEE, AIEEA, AMRITA, etc. We also provide test DVDs for JEE main 2014 and JEE main 2015 examination. Here, we provide one free model paper for download which is a pdf version.