Mahakaleshwar Temple At Kalanaur
Since time immemorial, a big Shivratri fair is held every year in the Mahakaleshwar temple on Shivratri day when a large number of devotees gather here to celebrate the festival of Shivratri.
This photograph shows the shivlingam which is in horizontal position. It is the only temple of shiva in india in which shivlingam is in horizontal position. This shivlingam is in mahakaleshwar temple at Kalanaur.
Barath Sahib is situated 13 Kilometer west of Pathankot city. The Gurudwara of Barath Sahib is associated with Baba SRI-CHAND, the elder son of Guru Nanak Dev ji, Baba Sri-Chand, the founder of udassi sect was born on Bhadhon 9, Samvat 1551 i.e. 1494 AD in Sultanpur Lodhi.
Baradari the Summer Resort of Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji at Dina Nagar
Pandori Dham Temple at Pandori Mahantan is situated 8 Kms east of Gurdaspur city
Dera Baba Nanak
Dera Baba Nanak is situated 45 Kilometers west of Gurdaspur. This place is associated with Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The two famous Gurudwaras at Dera Baba Nanak are Sri Darbar Sahib and Sri Chola Sahib.
Gurudwara Chola Sahib Dera Baba Nanak
Achal Sahib is 8 Kms from Batala on Batala Jalandhar road. This is associated with Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Kartik Ji, the son of Lord Shiva and Parvati.
On the opposite side of Gurudwara, there is Achaleshwar temple. According to local sources written on the board of the temple, this temple belongs to Satyug period and is related to God Kartik the son of Lord Shiva and Parvati.
Gurudwara Sri Kandh Sahib (BATALA)
This pious place is associated with Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s marriage. Here Guru Nanak Dev Ji came as a bridegroom from Sultanpur Lodhi in 1487 A.D.
Shrine of Brave Haqiqat Rai (1724 – 1731 AD) at Batala
Dhianpur is situated 19 Kilometers north of Batala. The town is associated with Baba Lal Ji, who is said to have lived during the time of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan.
There is a mythological brief associated with this place that one who may have bath in the baoli on a moonlit night of Saturday the person will be blessed with a son.
Shrine of Dhianpur Sri Baba Lal Dyal Ji
Town of Qadian is associated with the founder of AHMADIYA MUSLIA SECT, the Promised Messiah “HAZRAT MIRRZA GULAM AHMAD ” who was born in Qadian. Qadian is not only known now within India but enjoys special regard in the hearts of 10 million Ahmadia Muslims spread in all five continents of the world.
A full view of Minarah at Qadian
Sri Namdev Durbar at Ghoman
GHOMAN is situated about 26 KM. Southeast of Batala city. Ghoman is about 10 KM from Sri Hargobindpur. It is towards west side of Sri Hargobindpur. Ghoman is associated with Baba Namdev (1270-1350 AD). Baba Namdev was the founder of this town and meditated here for 17 long years. Here he did miraculous deeds.
Jhulna Mahal, The Sprining Wall of 18 th Century at Gurdaspur
Village Gurdas Nangal which is associated with Banda Singh Bahadar’s last battle with Mugals is situated about 7 kilometers (4 miles) west of Gurdaspur City. Bhai Duni Chand’s Haveli earlier known as BANDE WALI THEH is about one mile from the present village of Gurdas Nangal. A brief life history of Banda Singh Bahadur is written on a huge board and is displayed in front of Gurudwara.
Gurudwara called the Haveli of Bhai Duni Chand earlier known as Bande Wali theh about one mile from the present village of Gurdasnangal
Gurudwara at village Gurdas Nangal in the memory of Banda Singh Bahadur
Gurudwara Ghallughara Sahib at Kahnuwan Chhamb
This is associated with massacre of Sikhs in 1746 AD. It is situated about 10 Km south of Gurdaspur.
Sri – Hargobindpur
Sri-Hargobindpur is situated about 45 Kilometres south of Gurdaspur city. This area was formerly known as “ROHILA”. “GURU ARJUN DEV” the fifth Guru of Sikhs founded the town of Sri-Hargobindpur in 1595 AD in memory of his son Hargobind’s birth in that year, as the child was the only son born to the Guru Arjan Dev after many prayers. Guru Arjan Dev named this town as SRI-GOBINDPUR but due to Chandu Shah’s
Mukeshwar Temple at Shahpur Kandi
This temple is situated on the bank of river Ravi. It is about eight kilometers north east of SHAHPUR KANDI. This temple is the earliest relics of antiquity. These are said to data back to the times of the PANDAVAS.
Stories are told of ARJUN’S and DRAUPADI’S visit to this place. Near the temple a long left in the rock a little way up the river is known ARJUNA’S CHULA.
Arjun’s Chulha and Sehdev’s Cave at Shahpur Kandi