Information and Timing for Candidates :
a) Report 60 minutes before the commencement of the test (9:00 AM)
b) The Examination Hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the test. Candidates are expected to take their seats immediately. If the candidates do not report in time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions.
c) The candidate must show, on demand, the Online TAT for admission in the Examination Hall. A candidate who does not possess the Online TAT downloaded from the COMEDK website shall not be admitted to the Examination Hall under any circumstances.
d) During the examination time, the invigilator will check the Online TAT of the candidates to satisfy himself / herself about the identity of each candidate . The invigilator will also put his/her signature in the place provided in the Online TAT and OMR Answer Sheet.
e) In the Examination Hall the candidate must find and occupy his / her specific place checking for the TAT number which is pasted on the desk. If a candidate is found writing the test from a place which is not assigned to him/her, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
f) Test commences at 10:00 AM
g) After 10:15 AM candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall to take the test.
h) COMEDK is not responsible for any delay by any means of transportation to the city and reaching the test centre beyond the given time and also the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall and take the test in the event of delay. It is advisable to reach the Test Location a day prior to the examination.
i) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to carry any of the personal computational devices, Bluetooth devices, cell phones, any electronic gadgets etc; to the venue of the examination as arrangement for safe keeping of the same cannot be assured.
j) Candidates must not carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers, any electronic gadgets except the Online Test Admission Ticket, acceptable photo ID and a blue/black ball-point pen inside the Examination Hall.
k) For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of the examination for any reason, re-examination shall not be held by COMEDK under any circumstances.
l) It is mandatory for the candidate to bring his/her recent not older than 6 months passport size colour photograph during the conduct of COMEDK PGET-2015. At the back of the photograph, candidate must mention his/her name, and TAT number.
|Sl.||Paper||Test Time||No Candidate is
allowed to Enter
is allowed to
|10:15 AM||1:00 PM|
|10:15 AM||1:00 PM|
- The Entrance Test COMEDK PGET-2015 is mandatory for all candidates seeking admissions to PG Courses in Member Institutions of COMEDK for the academic year 2015-2016. A merit / rank list is generated based on the candidate’s scores in entrance test only.
- The time allotted for the test would be 180 minutes (3 hours). The test will begin at 10:00 AM and end at 01:00 PM.
- Candidates are required to mark their answers on an OMR Answer sheet (Optical Mark Reader).
- Each correct answer is awarded one mark.
- No Marks will be awarded for multiple marking (marking multiple responses) of any question.
- There will be no negative marking.
- However, in the event of a tie in the score the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted.
Degree / Diploma Programs:
- Applicants must meet all requirements stipulated by MCI / DCI. Accordingly, they should have successfully passed their M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. from an institution recognized by MCI / DCI, and must have completed or completing their internship by 30/04/2015 at the latest.
- As per the Existing Post Graduate Regulation of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India, the minimum percentage of marks in the Entrance Test (COMEDK PGET-2015) for eligibility and admission to Post Graduate Courses shall be 50% for General Merit candidates and 40% for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes (All India) and Other Backward Classes belonging to Karnataka State only.
- Every student, selected for admission to the Post Graduate Medical / Dental course in any of the Medical / Dental institutions in the country, must possess recognized M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. degree or equivalent qualification and should have obtained permanent registration with the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India, or any of the State Medical / Dental Council or should obtain the same within one month from the date of admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled.
- In the case of an Indian national with the recognized degree from Foreign University, the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for the registration, grant temporary/permanent registration for the duration of the Post Graduate training restricted to the college / institution to which the applicant is admitted for the time being exclusively for Post Graduate studies. Temporary/Permanent registration to such candidates shall be subject to the condition that the degree is duly registered in the country where the degree is obtained and is recognized by the corresponding Council or concerned authority in India also.
Note: Only Candidates who are due to complete the internship on or before 30/04/2015 are eligible.
- Candidates who have appeared for COMEDK PGET during the last three years and selected a clinical PG Degree Seat (Medical/Dental) and got admitted to any of the COMEDK Member Institutions are NOT allowed to appear for COMEDK PGET-2015.
- Candidates who have been debarred by COMEDK during the previous years are NOT allowed to appear for COMEDK PGET-2015.
- Rank list / Rank Card will be prepared only for those candidates who become eligible for admission to Post Graduate Courses as per the regulations of Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India.
COMEDK – PGET 2015 Important Dates will be updated on November 2014.
Please refer COMEDK – PGET 2014 Important Dates :-
|22/11/2013||Friday||Start date for issue of Online
|3/1/2014||Friday||Last date for Receipt of Completed
|16/01/2014||Thursday||Uploading of Online Test Admission
Ticket in the COMEDK website
|2/2/2014||Sunday||COMEDK PGET -2014 Test Day|
|2/2/2014||Sunday||Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys|
|5/2/2014||Wednesday||Last date for receiving objectionspertaining to Provisional Answer Keys|
|17/02/2014||Monday||Publishing of Test Score|
|22/02/2014||Saturday||Publishing of Rank List and uploading
of Online Rank Card
|1||Post Graduate Medical Degree||3||1/5/2015|
|2||Post Graduate Medical Diploma||2|
|3||Post Graduate Dental Degree||3|
|4||Post Graduate Dental Diploma||2|
** Medical Courses (Degree and Diploma)
|Medical (Degree – Courses)|
|Pre Clinical||1||M.S. (Anatomy)||Clinical||12||M.D. (Tuberculosis)|
|2||M.D. (Physiology)||13||M.D. (Psychiatry)|
|3||M.D. (Biochemistry)||14||M.S. (General Surgery)|
|Para Clinical||4||M.D. (Pathology)||15||M.S. (Ophthalmology)|
|5||M.D. (Microbiology)||16||M.S. (Orthopaedics)|
|6||M.D. (Pharmacology)||17||M.S. (E.N.T.)|
|7||M.D. (Forensic Medicine)||18||M.D. (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)|
|8||M.D. (Community Medicine)||19||M.D. (Anaesthesiology)|
|Clinical||9||M.D. (General Medicine)||20||M.D. (Radio -Diagnosis) /(Radiology)|
|10||M.D. (Paediatrics)||21||M.D. (Radio – Therapy)|
|11||M.D. (Dermatology &STD)||22||M.D. (Emergency Medicine)|
|Medical (Diploma – Courses)|
|Para Clinical||23||Diploma in Clinical Pathology (DCP)||Clinical||29||Diploma in Ophthalmology (DO)|
|24||Diploma in ForensicMedicine (DFM)||30||Diploma in Orthopaedics (D.Ortho)|
|25||Diploma in Public Health(DPH)||31||Diploma in Otolaryngology (DLO)|
|Para Clinical||26||Diploma in Child Health(DCH)||32||Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (DGO)|
|27||Diploma in Venerology & Dermatology (DVD)||33||Diploma in Anesthesiology (DA)|
|28||Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine (DPM)||34||Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis(DMRD)|
** Dental Courses (Degree and Diploma)
|Dental (Degree – Courses)|
|Clinical||1||M.D.S. Oral & MaxillofacialSurgery|
|2||M.D.S. Oral Medicine andRadiology|
|4||M.D.S. Orthodontics &Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|5||M.D.S. Paedodontics &Preventive Dentistry|
|6||M.D.S. Conservative Dentistry& Endodontics|
|7||M.D.S. Prosthodontics &Crown & Bridge|
|8||M.D.S. Oral Pathology &Microbiology|
|9||M.D.S. Public HealthDentistry|
|Dental (Degree – Courses)|
|Clinical||10||Diploma in Oral Surgery|
|11||Diploma in Periodontics|
|12||Diploma in Orthodontics|
|13||Diploma in ConservativeDentistry|
- The entrance test is being conducted for merit determination for use by COMEDK Member Institutions only. The COMEDK entrance test is for candidates seeking admissions for the Post-Graduate courses in these Institutions. The COMEDK PGET-2015 test scores are valid only for admissions during the academic year 2015-2016.
- There will be a separate entrance test for Post Graduate Medical and Dental Courses.
- There are in all 12 medical and 19 dental unaided, private colleges which are members of COMEDK, across the State of Karnataka and which offer various courses in Medical and Dental studies at Post-Graduate level. Colleges have indicated their willingness to make admission to their Post Graduate courses based on merit in the Common Entrance Test organized by COMEDK .
a) Minority status is applicable to candidates for admission to respective minority status colleges only.
b) (*) Declaration once made in the application with regard to the category status like GM / SC / ST / OBC and Minority etc., WILL NOT BE changed subsequently under any circumstances. The candidates are cautioned to fill in the application form with great care about the category status.
c) (*) Application forms without duly attested SC/ST/OBC and Minority Certificates dated prior to the last date of Application receipt.
d) (*) If the category status (SC/ST/OBC and Minority) if any, is not mentioned in the application form but the certificates for the same is attached the changes of the category based on the certificates WILL NOT BE DONE.
e) If the category certificate is different and exclusive, such of the candidate shall submit not only the category certificate but also the caste and Income certificate issued by competent authority.
(*) Note: i) The candidates whose application are rejected but who wish to reapply can fill up a fresh application with all the required documents along with the new Demand Draft and submit the same on or before the last date for making the application. The earlier sent Demand Draft (if any) will be returned to the candidate/s by speed post after the last date of the application receipt.
ii) All the completed applications have to reach COMEDK office on or before last date otherwise the application WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.