LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034 B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOV 2006
EC 5401 – TAMIL NADU ECONOMY
(Also equivalent to ECO 401)
Date & Time : 06-11-2006/9.00-12.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each. (5 x 4 = 20 Marks)
- Define Regional Economics.
- Distinguish between personal income and per capita income.
- Define small and cottage industries.
- State the importance of ‘MNP’
- Give an account of Rail Road Correlation.
- Mention the importance of Rural Housing.
- Write short note on capital and revenue account.
PART – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 250 words each.(4 x 10 = 40 Marks)
- Bring out the various defect of agriculture marketing. What are the steps taken to rectify the same?
- Evaluate the importance of M.G.R’s nutritious noon-meal scheme.
- Elucidate the development and growth of sugar industries in Tamil Nadu.
- Mention the growth and development of Roadways and Airways in Tamil Nadu.
- Examine the performance of anti-poverty programmes in India.
- How does banking sector is able to extend its help toward the development of rural Tamil Nadu.
- Explain ‘NSDP’ and sectoral contribution. Mention various methods of computation of state income.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- Critically examine the performance of textile industries in Tamil Nadu.
- Examine the importance and growth of green revolution in Tamil Nadu.
- Allied activities of agriculture is not given importance in Tamil Nadu – Discuss.
Describe the performance of TANSI, SIDCO, TIDCO, TIIC for the development of Tamil Nadu.