Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Delhi Police Constable (Executive) Recruitment Examination Held on December 7, 2017
Part A Reasoning
1. In the following question, select the related word from the given alternatives. Shirt : Garment : : Necklace : ?
2. In the following question, select the related letters from the given alternatives
TULIP : ZAROV : SCALP : ?
3. In the following question, select the related number from the given alternatives.
5 : 25 : : 10 : ?
4. In the following question, select the odd word from the given alternatives.
5. In the following question, select the odd letters from the given alternatives.
6. In the following question, select the odd number pair from the given alternatives.
7. In the following question, select the odd number pair from the given alternatives.
8. How many triangles are there in the given figure?
9. How many rectangles are there in the given figure?
10. How many surface are there in the given figure?
11. Three positions of a cube are shown below. What will come opposite to face containing ‘α’?
12. From the given answer figures, select the one in which the question figure is hidden/embedded.
13. Which answer figure will complete the pattern in the question figure?
14. If a mirror is placed on the line AB, then which of the answer figures is the right mirror image of the given
15. In the following question, select the number which can be placed at the sign of question mark from the given alternatives.
16. In the given figure, how many books are either old or historic but not both?
17. Arrange the given words in the sequence in which they occur in the dictionary.
(1) Doom (2) Down (3) Drone (4) Drape (5) Ding
18. Identify the diagram that best represents the relationship among the given classes.
19. In the following question, below are given some statements followed by some conclusions. Taking the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusion logically follows the given statements.
Statement I. All leaves are green.
II. Some leaves are hard.
Conclusions I. Some hard are green.
II. All green are leaves
(a) Only conclusion I follows
(b) Only conclusion II follows
(c) Both conclusion follow
(d) Neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows
20. In the following question, below are given some statements followed by some conclusions. Taking the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusion logically follows the given statements.
Statements I. All pink are doors.
II. All male are doors.
Conclusions I. Some males are pink.
II. All doors are pink.
III. All pink are males
(a) Only conclusion I follows
(b) Only conclusion II follows
(c) Both conclusions II and III follow
(d) Neither conclusion follows
21. Pointing towards a man, a lady said, ‘He is the son of my husband’s brother. ‘How is the lady’s husband related to the man?
22. F is the mother of T. T is the sister of W who is the only son of K. J is the brother of K. How is the mother of W relate to K?
23. On a certain sum at the rate of 10% per annum, the difference between simple interest for 2 years and the simple interest for 3 years is Rs 54. What is the value of sum?
(a) Rs 540
(b) Rs 1080
(c) Rs 720
(d) Rs 480
24. P, Q and R can complete a piece of work in 45, 15 and 5 days respectively. In how many days all three together can complete the same work?
(a) 45/14 days
(b) 45/13 days
(c) 9/2 days
(d) 11/2 days
Directions (Q. Nos. 25-27) In the given questions, there are four figures given out of which three are similar in some manner and one is not like the others. Select the figure which is odd one out.
28. In the following question, select the missing number from the given series.
4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 13, 16, ?
29. In the following question, select the missing number from the given series.
5, 3, 8, 11, 19, ?
Directions (Q. Nos. 30-32) In the following questions, select the figure which can be placed at the sign of question mark from the given alternatives.
33. In a certain code language, ‘FEARS’ is written as ‘HHCUU’. How is ‘STAIR’ written in that code language?
34. In a certain code language, ‘ROADS’ is written as ‘57’ and ‘HORN’ is written as ‘55’. How is ‘BLOW’ written in that code language?
35. In a certain code language, ‘TUNES’ is written as ‘16’ and ‘FEEZE’ is written as ‘11’. How is ‘CLIMB’ written in that code language?
Part B General Knowledge/Current Affairs
36. In India, inflation is measured on the basis of
(a) Wholesale Price Index
(b) Producer Price Index
(c) Consumer Price Index
(d) No option is correct.
37. The workforce population includes people aged from …….. years to …….. years.
(a) 10, 69
(b) 15, 64
(c) 21, 55
(d) 18, 65
38. In which type of economy, there is neither exports nor imports?
39. Which price is declared by the government every year before the sowing season to provide incentives to the farmers for raising the production of their crops?
(a) Maximum support price
(b) Minimum support price
(c) Maximum stock price
(d) Minimum stock price
40. What is an association of workers for the purpose of maintaining or improving the conditions of their employment called as?
(b) Trade Union
41. ……… is the right of a person. party or nation to stop a certain decision or law.
(c) Both Strike and Veto
(d) Neither Strike nor Veto
42. Which part of the Indian Constitution deals with the Municipalities?
(a) Part IV
(b) Part V
(c) Part IX A
(d) Part X
43. Anti-defection law is given in which Schedule of Indian Constitution?
44. Which among the following is the most frequently mentioned tax in the inscription of Cholas who ruled in Tamil Nadu?
45. Chahamanas who ruled over the region around Delhi and Ajmer were later known as
46. In which session, Sarojini Naidu became the first Indian women President of Indian National Congress?
(a) 1922, Gaya
(b) 1925, Kanpur
(c) 1928, Calcutta
(d) 1931, Karachi
47. The period from 1915-47 in India’s freedom struggle was termed as
(a) Extremist phase
(b) Moderate phase
(c) Gandhian phase
(d) No option is correct
48. What is the name of the Arabic book by Al-Biruni?
49. Who started the Shuddhi Movement in India in the 1920’s?
(a) Subhash Chandra Bose
(b) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
(c) Chandrashekhar Azad
(d) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
50. The Tropic of Cancer passes through how many States of India?
51. What is the approximate time lag from Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh?
(a) 1 h
(b) 1.5 h
(c) 2 h
(d) 2.5 h
52. Which is not a part of the Deccan plateau in the Northeast India?
(a) The Meghalaya plateau
(b) Karbi-Anglong plateau
(c) North Cachar hills
(d) The Kaimur hills
53. Which vegetation covers the deltas of the Ganga, the Mahanadi, the Krishna, the Godavari and the Kaveri?
(a) Montane forest
(b) Mangrove forests
(c) Thorn forests
(d) Tropical deciduous forest
54. Anamudi is the highest peak of
(a) Anaimalai hills
(b) Nilgiri hills
(c) Aravalli hills
(d) Jaintia hills
55. Which State is largest producer of jute in India?
(d) West Bengal
56. Each centimeter has ten equal divisions called
57. Translucent objects are the objects through which we
(a) cannot see at all
(b) can see clearly
(c) can see but not very clearly
(d) No option is correct
58. A thin wire that gives off light from the bulb is called
59. Which among the following is the reproductive part of a plant?
60. When a disease-carrying microbe enters our body, the body produces………. to fight the microbe.
(d) Anti Allergenic
61. Which man-made fibre is obtained from wood pulp?
62. Which chemical is used to test whether substance is acidic or basic?
63. Presence of which among the following essential for rusting?
(I) Water (or water vapour)
(a) Only I
(b) Only II
(c) Both I and II
(d) Neither I nor II
64. Which is not an example of one-sided symbiotic relationship?
(a) Cattle egrets and cattle
(b) A hermit crab and an empty seashells
(c) A spider on a tree
(d) Tapeworm in host’s stomach
65. What does the sum total of the populations of the same kind of organisms called?
66. Which is new scheme named ‘Saubhagya’ to carry out electrification of all households in India?
(a) Pradhan Mantri Safal Ujjwal Bhagya Yojana
(b) Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
(c) Pradhan Mantri Samridh Ujala Bhagyashree Yojana
(d) No option is correct
67. The government of which state will merge it existing seven health schemes to launch a unified scheme-Arogya Bhagya?
68. Which country’s scientists have successfully created the world’s shortest X-ray laser pulse?
69. Which space agency has launched Joint Polar Satellite System-I into space on November 18, 2017?
(a) Indian Space Research Organization
(b) China National Space Administration
(c) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
(d) Russia State Corporation for Space Activities
70. India’s Sundar Singh Gurjar won Gold medal in which event at World Para Athletics, 2017?
(a) Javelin throw
(b) Long jump
(c) Discus throw
(d) High Jump
71. India’s Mithali Raj became first women cricketer to score…… career runs in Women’s One Day International Cricket.
72. In which country India has designated Zorinpui Land Check post as an authorized immigration check post?
73. What is the name of India-Nepal joint military exercise whose 12th edition was held from September 3-16, 2017 in Nepal?
74. Author of the novel named ‘Lincoln in the Bardo’ has won which literary award in 2017?
(a) Pulitzer Prize
(b) Man Booker Prize
(c) European Union Prize
(d) Giller Prize
75. I which field Richard H. Thaler has won Nobel Prize 2017?
(a) Economic Sciences
76. What is the name of Google’s digital payment app launched on September 18, 2017?
77. Who is the head of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister Constituted on September 25, 2017?
(a) Ashima Goyal
(b) Ratan Watal
(c) Bibek Debroy
(d) Surjit Bhalla
78. Which is the 15th country to ratify the Solar Alliance Framework Agreement?
79. Which is the last country to join the Paris Climate Agreement in November, 2017?
80. Which Metro system is the world’s first completely green Metro system?
(a) Hong Kong Mass Transit Railway
(b) Singapore Mass Rapid Transit
(c) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
(d) London Underground
81. On November 1, 2017, the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under the Ministry of Power, launched “Creating and Sustaining Markets for Energy Efficiency project” in partnership with
(a) World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
(b) Global Environment Facility (GEF)
(c) Green Climate Fund (GCF)
(d) World Resources Group (WRG)
82. Who among the following has been re-elected on November 21, 2017 as a member of International Court of Justice?
(a) Dalveer Bhandari
(b) Hishashi Owada
(c) Peter Tomka
(d) Ronny Abraham
83. On November 10, 2017 Aurdey Azoulay was appointed as the new Director General of which United Nations body?
84. The ninth BRICS summit 2017 was organized in which city of China?
(c) Hong Kong
85. Which country is at the top of the eighth edition of the World Giving Index compiled in October, 2017 by the ‘Charities Aid Foundation’?
(a) United States of America
Part C Numerical Ability
86. The sum of a positive number and its cube is 10. What is the value of number?
87. What is the value of 13 + 23 + ….93?
88. What is the value of
89. What is the Highest Common Factor of 14, 42 and 84?
90. What is the value of
91. If 80% of of P = 2/5 of Q, then what is P : Q?
(a) 2 : 1
(b) 1 : 2
(c) 1 : 4
(d) 4 : 1
92. The annual income of Rahul and Mohit are in the ratio 17 : 12 and the ratio of their expenditure is 5 : 3. If each of them saves Rs 9000 yearly, then what will be the annual income of Mohit?
(a) Rs 24000
(b) Rs 21000
(c) Rs 22400
(d) Rs 34000
93. 12 persons have Rs 49 on an average. If a person with Rs 55.5 join them, then what will be the new average?
(a) Rs 49.5
(b) Rs 50
(c) Rs 49.75
(d) Rs 50.25
94. What will be the simple interest on a sum of Rs 4000 for 6 years at the rate of 8% per annum?
(a) Rs 2020
(b) Rs 1920
(c) Rs 2080
(d) Rs 1860
95. Vyom purchased 30 dozen pens at the rate Rs 48 per dozen. He sold 10 dozen at 20% profit and the remaining 20 dozen at 10% profit. What is his profit percentage?
96. The cost price of an article is 64% of the marked price. What will be the gain percentage after allowing a discount of 12% on the marked price?
97. The ratio of the outer and the inner perimeter of a circular path is 14 : 11. If path is 15 m wide, then what is the radius of the inner circle?
(a) 70 m
(b) 33 m
(c) 35 m
(d) 55 m
98. A boat covers 20 km upstream and 40 km downstream distance in 4 hours. while it covers 70 km upstream and 60 km downstream distance in 10 hours. What is the speed of the current?
(a) 10 km/h
(b) 15 km/h
(c) 5 km/h
(d) 12.5 km/h
99. P started a business by investing Rs 60000. After 4 months Q joined the business by investing Rs 80000. After 4 more months, R joined the business by investing Rs 100000. What will be the ratio of profits of P, Q and R at end of 2 years?
(a) 9 : 11 : 10
(b) 9 : 12 : 10
(c) 12 : 14 : 15
(d) 9 : 10 : 10
100. S and V can do a work in 12 days. M and S can do the same work in 16 days. M and V can do the same work in 24 days. In how many days S. V and M together can complete the same work?
(a) 32/3 days
(b) 10 days
(c) 16/3 days
(d) 11 days
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: