Uttar Pradesh P.C.S Combined Lower Subordinate Examination-2015 Held on 17-1-2016
1. Supercomputer ‘Magic Cube’ inaugurated recently has been prepared by which of the following countries?
2. Nobel Prize was awarded to Einstein for-
(A) theory of relativity
(B) theory of photoelectric effect
(C) theory of specific heats
(D) theory of Bose-Einstein statistics
3. The full form of UPS is-
(A) Uninterrupted Power Supply
(B) Universal Power Supply
(C) Universal Power Service
(D) Universal Power Saving
4. The intensity of earthquakes is measured-
(A) on the Richter scale
(B) on the Kelvin scale
(C) in Decibel
(D) in Pascal
5. Which one of the following fuels causes minimum air pollution ?
(A) Kerosene oil
6. Two balls A and B are of 10 kg and 1 kg respectively. They are dropped simultaneously from a height of 20 m. Which of the following is correct?
(A) A will reach the ground first
(B) B will reach the ground first
(C) Both A and B will reach the ground of the same time
(D) None of the above
7. The radius of curvature of a plane mirror is-
(D) between one and infinity
8. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Odometer – Measuring instrument for distance covered by motor wheels
(B) Ondometer – Measuring instrument for frequency of electromagnetic waves
(C) Audiometer – Device for measuring sound intensity
(D) Ammeter – Measuring instrument for electric power
9. Which one of the following is known as ‘Morning Star’ ?
10. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(A) Lactose – Sour milk
(B) Carbonic acid – Soda water
(C) Formic acid – Red ants
(D) Tartaric acid – Grape juice
11. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists :
(a) Skin cancer
(b) Noise pollution
(c) Global warming
(d) Ozone hole
2. Ultraviolet light
4. Carbon dioxide
(A) (a) – 1; (b) – 2; (c) – 3; (d) – 4
(B) (a) – 2; (b) – 3; (c) – 4; (d) – 1
(C) (a) – 2; (b) – 3; (c) – 1; (d) – 4
(D) (a) – 4; (b) – 3; (c) – 2; (d) – 1
12. ‘Nobel Oil’ is the name of which one of the following explosives ?
13. Which one of the following is a natural fruit-ripening hormone ?
14. Which of the following countries has issued an ‘Orange’ pollution alert to its citizens in November 2015 ?
15. Who among the following scientists has been given the Sahitya Akademi Award ?
(A) Prof. Yash Pal
(B) Lalji Singh
(C) M. S. Swaminathan
(D) Jayant V. Narlikar
16. Hemophilia is-
(A) caused by bacteria
(B) caused by virus
(C) caused by pollutants
(D) a hereditary detect
17. In human body, vitamin A is stored in the-
18. The most of the oxygen on the earth is produced by-
(D) paddy fields
19. A dehydrated person should not drink-
20. Cetane number is used as a quality parameter mainly for which of the following ?
(D) Turpentine oil
21. The ‘Rice Gene Bank’ of the world is situated in-
22. Which of the following crops is not correctly matched in relation to its inflorescence?
(A) Sugarcane Arrow
(B) Wheat Spike
(C) Triticale Umbel
(D) Paddy Panicle
23. The UP Council of Agricultural Research is located at-
24. The ‘Father of Green Revolution’ in the world is-
(A) Norman E. Borlaug
(B) M. S. Swminathan
(C) G. S. Khush
(D) B. P. Pal
25. Which of the following crops is grown throughout the year ?
(A) Black gram
26. ‘Karnal Bunt’ is a disease of-
27. ‘Pitambari’ is a variety of-
28. Which one of the following is a plant hormone?
(D) None of the above
29. Which of the following soils of India has been formed due to weathering of basaltic lava ?
(A) Laterite soil
(B) Regur soil
(C) Red soil
(D) Alluvial soil
30. The National Centre of Organic Farming (NCOF) is situated at-
(C) New Delhi
31. Which of the following countries produces maximum vegetables in the world ?
32. ‘Kanchan’ is an improved variety of-
(B) Indian gooseberry
33. The yellow colour of papaya is due to-
34. Which one of the following is the richest source of vitamin A ?
35. The Indian Institute of Vegetable Research is situated at-
36. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
(A) Rice Green hair
(B) Bajra Ergot
(C) Pea Powdery mildew
(D) Gram Wilt
37. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
Cultivation Nomenclature of Cultivation
(A) Flower’s Cultivation – Floriculture
(B) Crops’ Cultivation – Agronomy
(C) Vegetable’s Cultivation – Horticulture
(D) Fruits’ Cultivation – Pomology
38. The most suitable fertilizer for foliar application to crops is-
(A) sodium nitrate
(D) potassium chloride
39. ‘Phloem’ in plants is mainly responsible for-
(A) transportation of food
(B) transportation of amino acid
(C) transportation of oxygen
(D) transportation of water
40. The sum of a number and its square is 240. The number is-
41. The annual rate of compound interest, by which a sum of money becomes 125/64 times of itself in three years, is-
42. If √2 = 1.4142, then is equal to-
43. The average of the first 50 natural number is-
44. If the sum of three consecutive numbers is 81, then the middle number is-
45. Two numbers are in the ratio 15 : 11 and one of them is 143. If their HCF is 13, then the other number is-
46. A circle is of radius 4 cm. Tangents are drawn from a point 8 cm for from its centre. Their length is-
(A) 9 cm
(B) 4√5 cm
(C) 4 √3 cm
(D) 5√3 cm
47. If one angle of a triangle is 130°, then the angle between the bisectors of the other two angles can be-
48. A chord of length 14 cm is at a distance of 6 cm from t he centre of a circle. The length of another chord at a distance of 2 cm from the centre is-
(A) 18 cm
(B) 16 cm
(C) 14 cm
(D) 12 cm
49. In an equilateral triangle ABC, D is a point on the side BC such that Then AD2 : AB2 is equal to-
(A) 3 : 5
(B) 5 : 7
(C) 7 : 9
(D) 5 : 9
50. If the roots of the quadratic equation 2x2 + 3x + k = 0 are equal, then the value of k is-
51. Let abc be a three-digit number and 3 does not divide it. Then abc + bca + cab is not divisible by-
(A) a + b + c
52. If the lines 3x + 2ky – 2 = 0 and 2x + 5y + 1 = 0 are parallel, then the value of k is
53. A train 150 m long passes a pole in 15 seconds and crosses another train of same length travelling in opposite direction in 8 seconds. The speed of the second train is-
(A) 99 km/hr
(B) 72 km/hr
(C) 66 km/hr
(D) 60 km/hr
54. Three numbers are in the ratio 1 : 2 : 3 and their HCF is 12. The LCM of these three numbers is-
55. The denominator of a rational number is greater than its numerator by 8. If the numerator is increased by 17 and the denominator is increased by 1, the number becomes 3/2. The rational number is
56. What is the least number which when divided by 20, 25, 35 and 40 leaves respectively 13, 18, 28 and 33 as remainder ?
57. A boy purchases bananas at the rate of 11 bananas in 10 rupees and sells at the rate of 10 bananas in 11 rupees. What is the percentage of profit to the boy ?
58. Who among the following Ayurvedacharyas was educated at Taxila University ?
59. Who among the following Gupta rulers defeated Hunas ?
(B) Chandragupta II
60. ‘Dharamchakrapravartana’ was performed at-
61. Deimachus came to India during the reign of-
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
62. Robert Bruce Foote, who discovered first Paleolithic tool in India, was a/an-
63. The excavation at Chanhudaro was directed by-
(A) J. H. Mackay
(B) Sir. John Marshall
(C) R. E. M. Wheeler
(D) Sir Aurel Stein
64. Who among the following defeated Babar in the Battle of Sar-e-Pul ?
(A) Abdullah Khan Uzbek
(B) Shaibani Khan
(C) Ubaydullah Khan
(D) Jani Beg
65. Who among the following was the founder of Ghaznavid dynasty ?
66. The first Muslim invaders of India were-
(A) the Ghaznavids
(B) the Ghurids
(C) the Arabs
(D) None of the above
67. The priest associated with King Videgha Madava referred in Shatapatha Brahmana was-
(A) Rishi Bharadwaj
(B) Rishi Vishistha
(C) Rishi Vishwamitra
(D) Rishi Gautama Rahugana
68. Where did the Congress launch the Quit India Movement on August 8, 1942?
69. ‘Servants of India Society’ was founded by-
(A) Ishwarchandra Vidhyasagar
(B) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(C) Dadabhai Naoroji
(D) Lala Lajpat Rai
70. Who among the following established ‘Rani Laxmibai Regiment ?
(A) Rash Behari Bose
(B) Vallabhbhai Patel
(C) Lakshmi Swaminathan
(D) Subhas Chandra Bose
71. Why is the government of India Act of 1935 important ?
(A) It is the main source of the Constitution of India
(B) It gave Independence to India
(C) It envisages partition of India
(D) It abolished the native States
72. The largest number of soldiers participated in the struggle of 1857 came from-
73. Who among the following persons was not a member of the Cabinet Mission ?
(A) William Wood
(C) Stafford Cripps
(D) A. B. Alexander
74. The writer of Indian National Movement : The Long Term Dynamics is-
(A) Satish Chandra
(B) Bipan Chandra
(D) Sumit Sarkar
75. In how many provinces was the Congress Ministry formed in the election of the year 1937?
76. Who among the following presided over the first annual meeting of the Indian National Congress ?
(A) A. O. Hume
(B) Dadabhai Naoroji
(C) S. N. Banerjee
(D) W. C. Banerjee
77. Who among the following famous reformers wrote the books, Jnyana Yoga, Karma Yoga and Raja Yoga ?
(A) Swami Vivekananda
(C) Raja Rammohan Roy
(D) Ramkrishna Paramahansa
78. In which of the following States is Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary located?
(B) Tamil Nadu
79. Which one of the following is located in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh ?
(A) Rajaji National Park
(B) Indravati National Park
(C) Bandhavgarh National Park
(D) Balphakram National Park
80. On which of the following river deltas are mangrove forests found ?
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below-
(A) 1 and 3
(B) 3 and 4
(C) 2 and 4
(D) 1, 3 and 4
81. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists :
2. Arunachal Pradesh
(A) (a) – 2; (b) – 1; (c) – 4; (d) – 3
(B) (a) – 4; (b) – 3; (c) – 2; (d) – 1
(C) (a) – 4; (b) – 2; (c) – 1; (d) – 3
(D) (a) – 2; (b) – 4; (c) – 3; (d) – 1
82. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(A) Midnapur Cannal – Kangsabati River (Kasai)
(B) Tawa Project – Krishna River
(C) Mettur Dam – Kaveri River
(D) Ukai Project – Tapi River
83. Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh is known for-
84. Which of the following States is the largest producer of asbestos in India ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
85. Given below are two statements. One is Assertion (A) and the other is Reason (R) :
Assertion (A) : One of the major sources of irrigation in Peninsular India is tank.
Reason (R) : Most of the rivers in Peninsular region area seasonal.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below-
(A) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) explains (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are correct, but (R) does not explain (A)
(C) (A) is correct, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is correct
86. According to Census-2011, the number of ‘millionary cities’ in Uttar Pradesh is-
87. Where is the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) located ?
(C) Dehra Dun
88. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists :
1. Rhine 2. Scheldt
3. Thames 4. Elbe
(A) (a) – 3; (b) – 2; (c) – 4; (d) – 1
(B) (a) – 3; (b) – 4; (c) – 2; (d) – 1
(C) (a) – 3; (b) – 1; (c) – 2; (d) – 4
(D) (a) – 3; (b) – 2; (c) – 1; (d) – 4
89. Which of the following rivers crosses the Equator twice ?
90. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists-
(c) Turkish Cyprus
1. Nicosia 2. Taipei
3. Ramallah 4. Pristina
(A) (a) – 2; (b) – 3; (c) – 1; (d) – 4
(B) (a) – 3; (b) – 4; (c) – 1; (d) – 2
(C) (a) – 1; (b) – 2; (c) – 4; (d) – 3
(D) (a) – 4; (b) – 1; (c) – 3; (d) – 2
91. Which of the following countries stands fifth in terms of total area as well as total population in the world (2014) ?
92. Which of the following countries has the highest per hectare production (2014) of cotton in the world ?
93. Which of the following is the busiest port of Japan ?
94. Chisapani Gorge is located in-
95. Which of the following islands are known as ‘Sheep Islands’?
(A) Canary Islands
(B) Madeira Islands
(C) Faroe Islands
(D) Wellington Islands
96. Water and sewerage provisions of the Smart Cities Mission will be financed by revenue from-
(A) Entertainment Tax
(B) Octroi and Entry Tax
(C) Education Tax
(D) Property Tax
97. Which of the following is India’s largest e-commerce company?
(D) Bharti Airtel
98. In the year 2014, out of 186 countries of the world, India’s rank in Human Development Index was-
99. Consider the following related to causes of urbanization-
1. High rate of migration from rural to urban areas.
2. Increasing number of educational institutions in cities.
3. High standard of living in rural areas.
Which of the above are correct ?
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 3
(D) 1, 2 and 3
100. Which one of the following is not correct about NITI Aayog?
(A) It was set up to replace the Planning Commission
(B) It has a full-time Chairman
(C) It was set u p in January 2015
(D) It is based on the principle of cooperative federalism
101. In the year 2013-14, the largest source of tax revenue of the Union Government was-
(A) Union Excise Duties
(B) Customs Duties
(C) Corporate Tax
(D) Income Tax
102. According to Census-2011, the largest proportion of rural population is found in the State of-
(C) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Himachal Pradesh
103. In which of the following States was infant mortality rate the 110. lowest as per Census-2011 ?
(A) Tamil Nadu
104. In which State is India’s first railway line being built under ‘Public-Private Partnership’ model ?
(B) Madhya Pradesh
105. The Government of India has established National Handicapped Finance Corporation under which of the following Ministries-
(A) The Ministry of Human Resource Development
(B) The Ministry of Rural Development
(C) The Ministry of Women and Child Development
(D) The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
106. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited Launched a Thermal Power Station on August 8, 2015 at-
(A) Ranchi, Jharkhand
(B) Neemuch, Madhya Pradesh
(C) Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
(D) Vindhyachal, Uttar Pradesh
107. The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) between India and America became operative from-
(A) 1st October, 2015
(B) 2nd October, 2015
(C) 30th September, 2015
(D) 30th October, 2015
108. When did India become a member of the International Monetary Fund ?
109. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana has been launched for-
(A) rural education
(B) rural sanitation
(C) rural health
(D) rural empowerment
110. Who among the following persons gave the concept of ‘Missing Women’?
(A) Helen Keller
(B) Emma Watson
(C) Medha Patkar
(D) Amrtya Sen
111. Which of the following organizations calls Indian economic growth as ‘Jobless’, ‘Rootless;, Ruthless’, ‘Voiceless’ and ‘Futureless’?
(B) World Bank
112. Who among the following has not been the Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission in India?
(A) Dr. Manmohan Singh
(B) Pranab Mukherjee
(C) P. Chindambaram
(D) Montek, S. Ahluwalia
113. Which one among the following indexes is most suitable to assess the intensity of poverty of India ?
(A) Human Development Index
(B) Gender Inequality Index
(C) Human Poverty Index
(D) Multidimensional Poverty Index
114. Central Government imposed a cess for ‘Swachh Bharat’ on November 6, 2015. The rate of this cess is-
(A) 0.20 per cent
(B) 0.25 per cent
(C) 0.05 per cent
(D) 0.50 per cent
115. Who among the following is the legal adviser of a State Government ?
(A) The Advocate General
(B) The Attorney General
(C) The Solicitor General
(D) The Comptroller and Auditor General
116. The Provision for the representation of Anglo-Indian Community in the Legislative Assemblies of the States has been made in the Constitution of India under-
(A) Article 330
(B) Article 331
(C) Article 332
(D) Article 333
117. The framers of the Constitution of India borrowed the concept of the Concurrent List described in the Seventh Schedule from the Constitution of-
(D) South Africa
118. ‘Gram Sabha’ means-
(A) persons of the territorial area of a Panchayat
(B) specified persons by the notification of the District Authority
(C) persons registered in electoral rolls related to a Panchayat area at the village level
(D) members of Panchayats
119. Who is considered as the ‘Architect of Panchayati Raj’ in India?
(A) B. R. Mehta
(B) L. M. Singhvi
(C) G. V. K. Rao
(D) Acharya Narendra Dev
120. The Panchayat Raj is included in the-
(A) Union List
(B) State List
(C) Concurrent List
(D) Residuary List
121. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists :
(a) Article 323-A
(b) Article 324
(c) Article 330
(d) Article 320
2. Administration Tribunals
3. Punctions of Public Service Commissions
4. Reservation of seats for SC and ST in Lok Sabha
(A) (a) – 1; (b) – 2; (c) – 3; (d) – 4
(B) (a) – 4; (b) – 3; (c) – 2; (d) – 1
(C) (a) – 2; (b) – 1; (c) – 4; (d) – 3
(D) (a) – 3; (b) – 4; (c) – 1; (d) – 2
122. The least number of members who can table the ‘No Confidence’ motion against the Council of Ministers in Lok Sabha is-
123. Which one of the following Amendments of the Constitution of India converts the Union Territory of Delhi into the National Capital Territory of Delhi?
(A) 69th Amendment
(B) 70th Amendment
(C) 73rd Amendment
(D) 74th Amendment
124. In the Indian Constitution, the ‘Right to Equality’ is granted by five Articles. They are-
(A) Article13 to Article 17
(B) Article 14 to Article 18
(C) Article 15 to Article 19
(D) Article 16 to Article 20
125. In which of the following States there is no provision for the imposition of Governor’s rule?
126. The Constitution of India borrowed the idea of Directive Principles of State Policy from-
127. Which one of the following is regarded as Protector of Fundamental Rights of Citizens and Guardian of the Constitution of India ?
(A) The Parliament
(B) The Attorney General
(C) The Supreme Court
(D) The President
128. Which one of the following writs is regarded as the greatest safeguard for the liberty of a person ?
(B) Habeas corpus
129. Who among the following served as the Twelfth President of the Indian Republic ?
(A) Pratibha Devisingh Patil
(B) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
(C) K. R. Narayanan
(D) R. Venkataraman
130. Which one of the following is an extra-constitutional body?
(A) Finance Commission
(B) NITI Aayog
(C) Election Commission
(D) Inter-State Council
131. Under which Article of the Indian Constitution is the Comptroller and Auditor General of India appointed ?
(A) Article 146
(B) Article 147
(C) Article 148
(D) Article 149
132. The President of India has the power to suspend the-
(A) Fundamental Rights
(B) Fundamental Rights described in Article 21
(C) Fundamental Rights described in Article 21-A
(D) Fundamental Rights described in Article 19
133. In the recent grading of players by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane is put in-
(A) Grade A
(B) Grade B
(C) Grade C
(D) Grade D
134. Abhinav Bindra won the 8th Asian Air Gun Championship Gold at-
(A) New Delhi
135. Which of the following United Nations Climate Change Conference concluded at Paris?
136. Which of the following is the highest emitter of global carbon in the world ?
(A) United States of America
(D) European Union
137. Which of the following countries won the ‘Davis Cup’ title for 2015 on 29th November, 2015 ?
(C) Great Britain
138. The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) for 2015 concluded in which of the following countries ?
(B) United Kingdom
(D) Sri Lanka
139. Time Peake is known as which of the following ?
140. Which of the following countries has allowed HIV positive recruits in army?
141. According to recent data, in India, how many disabled people are self-dependent?
142. What is the age of United Kingdom’s youngest organ donor ?
(A) 97 minutes
(B) 90 minutes
(C) 74 minutes
(D) 64 minutes
143. What was the theme of World AIDS Day, 2015?
(A) Getting to 20% down
(B) Getting to zero
(C) Getting to less than previous year
(D) Getting to 10% down
144. Which of the following countries in the world is considered as ‘Carbon Negative Country’?
145. Justice Tirath Singh Thakur, who was sworn in as the Chief Justice of India on 3rd December, 2015 is the-
(A) 44th CJI
(B) 43rd CJI
(C) 42nd CJI
(D) 41st CJI
146. The International Film Festival in November 2015 was organized at-
(D) New Delhi
147. The book, Ashes Diary 2015 ha recently been authored by-
(A) Shane Warne
(B) M. Clarke
(C) Ricky Ponting
(D) Steve Waugh
148. Andhra Pradesh Government has connected which of the following two rivers in September 205 ?
(A) Krishna and Godavari
(B) Narmada and Godavari
(C) Kaveri and Krishna
(D) Narmada and Mahanadi
149. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 22nd October, 2015 laid the foundation stone for the construction of new capital of which of the following States ?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
150. Who among the following has been awarded Nobel, Prize, 2015 in Economics?
(A) Angus Deaton
(B) Lars Peter Hansen
(C) Paul Modrich
(D) Arthur B. McDonald
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: