SSC Combined Graduate Level (Tier-1) Exam-2019 Held on 07-03-2020 Time 10.00-11.00 AM
General Intelligence and Reasoning
1. Select the option figure in the which the given figure is embedded (rotation is NOT allowed).
2. Read the given statements and conclusion carefully. Assuming that the information given in the statements is true, even if it appears to be at variance with commonly known facts, decide which of the given conclusions logically follow(s)
(1) Some cars are buses.
(2) Some buses are trucks.
(3) Some trucks are scooters
(I) Some cars are scooters.
(II) Some trucks are buses.
(III) Some scooters are buses
(IV) All scooters are tucks.
(a) Only conclusions I and II follow
(b) Only conclusion II and IV follow
(c) Only conclusion II follows
(d) All the conclusions follow
3. Select the box that CANNOT be formed by folding the given unfolded box.
4. Select the option that is related to the third word in the same way as the second word is related to the first word.
Amusing : Hilarious :: Moisten : ?
5. Select the set of letters that when sequentially placed in the blanks of the given letter series will complete the series.
(a) q, r, p, p, r, q
(b) q, r, p, s, r, q
(c) r, p, q, s, r, q
(d) p, r, p, s, r, p
6. The sequence of folding a piece of paper and the manner in which the folded paper has been cut is shown in the following figures. How would this paper look when unfolded?
7. Select the option that is related to third number in the same way as the second number is related to the first number and the sixth number is related to the fifth number.
8. In a certain code language, CIRCULAR is coded as 24-3-9-24-1-15-5-9. How will VERTICAL be coded as in that language?
9. Four letter-clusters have been given, out of which three are alike in some manner, while one is different. Select the odd letter-cluster.
10. Select the correct combination of mathematical signs to sequentially replace the * signs, to balance the following equation.
(14 * 9 * 6) * 15 * 8
(a) ×, =, ÷, −
(b) −, ÷, ×, =
(c) ÷, −, =, ×
(d) ×, −, ÷, =
11. Select the option in which the words share the same relationship as that shared by the given pair of words.
(a) Appraisal : Performance
(b) Painting : Painter
(c) Disease : Doctor
(d) Carelessness : Errors
12. Select the option in which the numbers are related the same way as are the numbers in the given set.
17 : 102 : 153
(a) 16 : 96 : 144
(b) 23 : 162 : 207
(c) 18 : 104 : 171
(d) 13 : 78 : 108
13. Select the letter-cluster that can replace the question mark (?) in the following series.
eBd, hXi, kTn, nPs, ?
14. Arrange the following words in the order in which they appear in an English dictionary.
(1) Decipher (2) Decide (3) Decline
(4) Deceive (5) Decimal (6) Decision
(a) 4, 5, 2, 1, 6, 3
(b) 4, 3, 2, 1, 5, 6
(c) 4, 2, 5, 1, 6, 3
(d) 3, 5, 4, 1, 6, 2
15. Select the figure that can replace the question mark (?) in the following series.
16. Four number-pairs have been given, out of which three are alike in some manner and one is different. Select the number-pair that is different.
(a) 4/5 : 3
(b) 16/20 : 6
(c) 25/41 : 8
(d) 30/51 : 9
17. A + B means ‘A is the mother of B’;
A – B means ‘A is the husband of B’;
A × B means ‘A is son of B’;
A ÷ B means ‘A is the daughter of B’.
If, W × Z + Y ÷ X, then how is X related to Z?
18. A private taxi company charges fixed charge along with a per kilometer charge based on the distance covered. For a journey of 24 km, the charges paid are Rs 368 and for a journey of 32 km, the charges paid are Rs 464. How much will a person have to pay for travelling a distance of 15 km?
(a) Rs 290
(b) Rs 260
(c) Rs 280
(d) Rs 180
19. Four words have been given, out of which three are alike in some manner, while one is different. Select the odd word.
20. The given Venn diagram represents results of a class of students:
The triangle represents students who scored 85% and above in Maths, the circle represents students who scored 85% and above in English, the rectangle represents students who scored 85% and above in Science, and the square represents students who scored 85% and above in Social Science. The numbers given in the diagram represent the number of students in that particular category.
How many students scored 85% and above in all subjects?
21. Study the given pattern carefully and select the number that can replace the question mark (?) in it.
22. In a certain code language, ‘CREATION’ is written as RCAEITNO. How will ‘SEQUENCE’ be written as in that language?
23. Select the number that can replace the question mark (?) in the following series.
17, 19, 22, 27, 34, 45, 58, ?
24. How many triangles are present in the given figure?
25. Which of the option figure is the exact mirror image of the given figure when the mirror is held at the right side?
26. Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana offers a protection term insurance cover of ____ to the insurer.
(a) Rs 2 Lakh
(b) Rs 5 Lakh
(c) Rs 8 Lakh
(d) Rs 4 Lakh
27. Which among the following is NOT an insulator?
(d) Dry Paper
28. Which Indian male cricketer won the BCCI CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award for the year 2019?
(a) K Srikanth
(b) Sachin Tendulkar
(c) Rahul Dravid
(d) Sunil Gavaskar
29. With reference to the Vedangas, which of the following terms denotes ‘Ritual’?
30. Where is the Dharmraja Ratha monument located?
31. Who was appointed as brand ambassador of Visa – the payment technology company in 2019?
(a) PT Usha
(b) P. V. Sindhu
(c) Dutee Chand
(d) Sania Mirza
32. Who is the author of the book ‘Wise and Otherwise : A salute to life?
(a) Zoya Hasan
(b) Amrita Pritam
(c) Sudha Murthy
(d) Kiran Desai
33. Which of the following states does NOT share its boundary with Bangladesh?
34. Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated on:
(a) 2nd January
(b) 8th January
(c) 9th January
(d) 1st January
35. The Pritzker Prize is an international award given to recognize contribution in the field of__.
36. Which of the following rivers forms the dhuandhar waterfall near Japalpur?
37. The power of a lens is -2.0 D.Here ‘D’ stands for:
38. Select the correct pair of dance form and its state.
(a) Padayani – Kerala
(b) Dalkhai – Karnataka
(c) Thang Ta – Bihar
(d) Kalbelia – Himachal Pradesh
39. Which among the following has its refractive index closest to that of crown glass?
(d) Canada balsam
40. The Indian National Congress session of September 1920 was held at
41. For which game has the Father of Leander Paes been a member of the Indian National Team?
42. What does ‘T’ stand for in ATM?
43. Which of the pairs is correct with reference to mountain passess?
(a) Rohtang – Sikkim
(b) Lipulekh – Uttarakhand
(c) Bomdila – Himachal Pradesh
(d) Nathula – Arunachal Pradesh
44. In which year was the first amendment to the Constitution of India made?
45. Which among the following is a cation?
46. Which of the following monasteries is located in Sikkim?
47. The scientific study of a cell is called:
48. Which of the following Articles of the Constitution of India guarantees the Right to Freedom of Religion?
(a) Articles 19-22
(b) Articles 23-24
(c) Articles 14-18
(d) Aritcles 25-28
49. In December 2019, the Rohtang passageway in Himachal Pradesh was renamed as:
(a) Atal Tunnel
(b) Mukherjee Tunnel
(c) Swaraj Tunnel
(d) Bose Tunnel
50. The council of Ministers during the time of Shivaji Maharaj was known as :
(a) Ashta Pradhan
(d) Ashta Diggajas
51. The value of is :
52. From the given table, what is the percentage of students scoring 40 or more, but less than 70.
53. The value of 3 – (9 – 3 × 8 ÷ 2) is :
54. The coefficient of y in the expansion of (2y – 5)3, is:
55. In a school, the distribution of teachers is as follows:
56. Ten men or twelve women can finish the same work in 10 days. If 5 men and 2 women undertake the work together, how many days will they take to complete the work?
57. In an examination, Anita scored 31% marks and failed by 16 marks. Sunita scored 40% marks and obtained 56 marks more than those required to pass. Find the minimum marks required to pass.
58. If the given number 925×85 is divisible by 11, then the smallest value of x is:
59. Two cars A and B leave Delhi at 8 : 30 a.m. and at 9 a.m. for Shimla, respectively. They travel at the speeds of 40 km/h and 50 km/h respectively. How many kilometers away from Delhi will the two cars be together?
(a) 45 km
(b) 100 km
(c) 200 km
(d) 5 km
60. What is the value of sin 30° + cos 30° − tan 45°?
61. While selling an article of marked price Rs 5,040 at a discount of 40%, if a trader gains 20%, then the profit in Rs is :
62. By selling 18 table fans for Rs 11,664 a man incurs a loss of 10%. How many fans should be sells for Rs 17,424 to earn 10% profit?
63. In the given figure, cos θ is equal to:
64. In the given figure, MP is tangent to a circle with centre A and NQ is a tangent to a circle with centre B. If MP = 15 cm, NQ = 8 cm, PA = 17 cm and BQ = 10 cm, then AB is:
(a) 28 cm
(b) 14 cm
(c) 13.5 cm
(d) 23 cm
65. In the given figure, the measure of ∠BAC is :
66. The simple interest on a sum of Rs 50,000 at the end of two years is Rs 4,000. What would be the compound interest on the same sum at the same rate for the same period?
67. If 1 – 64x3 – 12x + 9x2 = (1 – 4x)3, then the value of p is:
68. In the figure if ∠A = 100° then ∠C = ?
69. The value of 1512 – 1492 is:
70. In the given figure, ∆ABC is an isosceles triangle, in which AB = AC, AD ⊥ BC, BC = 6 cm and AD = 4 cm. The length of AB is:
(a) 7 cm
(b) 6 cm
(c) 5 cm
(d) 4 cm
71. The area of the four walls of a room having length 6 m, breadth 4 m and height 4 m, is:
72. If A : B = 3 : 5, and B : C = 2 : 3, then A : B : C is equal to :
(a) 3 : 8 : 6
(b) 3 : 7 : 3
(c) 6:10 : 15
(d) 6: 15: 10
73. Study the given table carefully and answer the question that follows.
The percentage of students who have passed with distinction in the year 2012 is:
74. The average of five consecutive odd number is m. If the next three odd numbers are also included, then what is the increase in the average?
75. In a particular year, the number of students enrolled in different stream in a College is as follow :
The percentage of girl students is:
76. Select the most appropriate synonym of the given word.
77. Select the INCORRECTLY spelt word.
78. Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
Look down upon
(a) To consider someone inferior
(b) The be full of guilt
(c) To look for something underground
(d) To look down from a height
79. Select the correct passive form of the given sentence.
The children sang the National Anthem with great enthusiasm.
(a) The National Anthem is sung with great enthusiasm by the children.
(b) The National Anthem has been sung with great enthusiasm by the children
(c) The National Anthem was being sung with great enthusiasm by the children.
(d) The National Anthem was sung with great enthusiasm by the children.
80. Select the option that can be used as a one word substitute for the given group of words.
A game in which neither party wins
81. Select the most appropriate ANTONYM of the given word.
In the following passage some words have been deleted. Fill in the banks with the help of the alternatives given. Select the most appropriate option for each blank.
Advertising is the promotion of goods and services, it provides an (1) ______ to the manufacturing companies to sell their (2) ______ better than their competitors. Every time we switch (3) _______ the television we find some product or the other (4) _____ pushed towards us. It cannot be denied that the (5) ______ behind commercial advertising is to increase sales and earn more profit.
82. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank number (1).
83. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank number (2).
84. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank number (3).
85. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank number (4).
(d) to be
86. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank number (5).
87. Given below are four jumbled sentences. Out of the given options pick the one that gives their correct order.
(A) When a calf is born under water, the mother must get it to the surface before it drowns.
(B) The young ones remain with their parents for up to fifteen years or more.
(C) Often another whale assists the mother nudging the baby gently and encouraging it to swim.
(D) Whales have highly developed maternal instincts.
88. Fill in the blank with the most appropriate word.
She was loved by her employees for her _______.
89. Identify the segment in the sentence which contains the grammatical error. If there is no error, select ‘No error’
He married with a rich heiress last year.
(a) last year
(b) with a rich heiress
(c) He married
(d) No error
90. Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
Keep abreast of
(a) Keep up the good work
(b) Keep a watch on
(c) Keep ahead of
(d) Keep oneself updated
91. Select the most appropriate option to substitute the underlined segment in the given sentence. If there is no need to substitute it select No improvement.
Mother was watching a movie when the lights were going off.
(a) have gone off
(b) No improvement
(c) going off
(d) went off
92. Given below are four jumbled sentences. Out of the given option pick the one that gives their correct order.
(A) While he was doing this, he missed seeing a velvet purse full of gold coins lying on the road.
(B) Ramesh always worried about how he would become sick and weak in old age.
(C) To try how he would cope with blindness, Ramesh started walking with this eyes closed.
(D) He feared that he might even lose his sight and go blind.
93. Select the most appropriate synonym of the given word.
94. Select the most appropriate ANTONYM of the given word.
95. Fill in the blank with the most appropriate word.
The minister gave an _______ that strict action would be taken against the culprits.
96. Select the most appropriate option to substitute segment in the given sentence. If there is no need to substitute it, select No improvement.
Scarcely had the passenger boarded the plane when the captain welcomed them.
(a) that the captain welcomed them
(b) when the captain had welcomed them
(c) than the captain welcomes them
(d) No improvement
97. Identify the segment in the sentence which contains the grammatical error. If there is no error, select ‘No error’
The famous author and actor are being honourd at a function today
(a) are being honoured
(b) The famous author and actor
(c) No error
(d) at a function today
98. Select the option that can be used as a one word substitute for the given group of words
That which cannot be satisfied
99. Select the correct indirect form the given sentence.
The traveler said to passerby, “Can you help me find my way, please?”
(a) The traveler requested to the passer by if he can help him find his way.
(b) The traveler asked the passer by that he can kindly help him find his way.
(c) The traveler asked the passer by if he could kindly help him find his way.
(d) The traveler asked the passer by could you kindly help me find my way?
100. Select the INCORRECTLY spelt word.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: