Shimla Ayurveda PG Entrance Exam-2003
1. Which one of the following is Shashti BahuVachana Vibhakti of Phala
(a) Phalani (फलानि)
(b) Phalebhya (फलेभ्य)
(c) Phalaanaam (फलानाम्)
(d) Phaleshu (फलेषु)
2. Which one of the following is correct Sandhi Viccheda of Nissaarah
(a) Nis + Saarah (निस् + सारः)
(b) Nir + Saarah (निर् + सारः)
(c) Nih + Saarah (निः + सारः)
(d) Nira + Saarah (निर + सारः)
3. What type of Sandhi is there in Ishtah
(a) Vriddhi (वृद्धि सन्धि)
(b) Hal (हल् सन्धि)
(c) Guna (गुण सन्धि)
(d) Yan (यण् सन्धि)
4. Which one of the following is the correct sentence
(a) Baalakah hasati (बालकः हसति)
(b) Baalakah hasatah (बालकः हसतः)
(c) Baalakah hasanti (बालकः हसन्ति)
(d) Baalakah pathaami (बालकः पठामि)
5. What type of Samaasa is in Rogamuktah
(a) Tatpurusha (तत्पुरूष समास)
(b) Dvigu (द्विगु समास)
(c) Dvandva (द्वन्द्व समास)
(d) Karmadharaya (कर्मधारय समास)
6. Quadriceps muscle is mainly situated in which side of thigh
7. What type of Shringataka marma is
8. According to Charak, which one of the following is Mula of Pranavaha srotas
(c) Dasha Dhamani
9. What is the name of 10th cranial nerve
10. What type of Sandhi is in Prishtha vansha
11. Sharngadhara has mentioned ‘Dheeemaan” as a symptom of which prakriti
12. According to Charak, which type of vata is situated in svedavaha srotas
13. Which one of the following plays an important role in digestion of fat
(a) Bile salt
14. According to Charak, Vamana is produced by which type of vata
15. How many Saara are described by Charaka
16. Which one of the following condition is necessary for Anumana Pramana ?
(b) Pratyaksha Purvam
(c) Anumana Shakti
(d) Anumana Gamya
17. Which one of the following is NOT included in Ashta Prakriti by Sushruta ?
18. Which of the following statement is false ?
(a) Padartha is not oncluded in Tantra yukti
(b) Padartha is oncluded in Tantra yukti
(c) Padartha are six in number
(d) Samavaya is one of the Padartha
19. Apratighaata is a specific Linga of which of the following ?
20. How many Guna have been descrived by Nayaya ?
21. How many types of Upakrama have been mentioned by Ashtanga Sangraha ?
22. How many types of Shamana are mentioned by Ashtanga Sangraha ?
23. In which chapter of Ashtanga Sangraha, Murdha Tailam has been described ?
(d) Shiroroga Chikitsam
24. How many types of Ushma Sveda have been mentioned by Ashtanga Sangraha ?
25. The last chapter of Sutra Sthana of Ashtanga Sangraha deals with which Karma?
26. Hemadri has written commentary on which of the following Text ?
(a) Charaka samhita
(b) Sushruta samhita
(c) Ashtanga Sangraha
(d) Ashtanga Sangraha
27. In which of the following treatise Ahiphena has been descrived first time ?
(a) Sharngadhara samhita
28. What is the name of the act by which CCIM was established ?
(a) Central Council of Indian Medicine Act
(b) Indian Medicine Central Council Act
(c) Council of Indian Medicine Act
(d) CCIM Act
29. Who has written Jalpakalpataru Teeka on Charaka samhita
(a) Gangadhar Ray
(b) Gana Natha Sen
30. How many unavailable chapters of Charaka samhita were complted by Dridbala ?
31. Who has mentioned the concept of vichitra Prtyarabdha ?
(c) Ashtanga Hridaya
32. According to Sharngadhara, which one of the following drug has Pramathi action ?
33.What is the Latin/English name of Indrayava ?
(a) Hollarrhena antidysenterica
(b) Indian squill
(c) Holy barley
(d) Indian barley
34. Which of the following drug has no specific action of Chakshushya ?
35. Which of the following has Madhura Vipaka and Ushna Virya ?
36. Which of the following is not included Madhura –Trayam ?
37. Lauha Kitta is used in which type of Musha ?
(a) Vajra Musha
(b) Yoga Musha
(c) Malla Musha
(d) Maha Musha
38. What is the name of a Puta given in pit of one Aratni of length, breadth and depth ?
(a) Kukuta Puta
(b) Kapota Puta
(c) Varaha Puta
(d) Gaja Puta
39. Dola Yantra is used for Shodhana of which of the following ?
40. In Sneha Paka, how much Sneha is taken in proportion to Kalaka ?
(a) 2 times
(b) 4 times
(c) 8 times
(d) 16 times
41. Who has written definition of Svastha as ‘Sama-Dosha Sama-Agnish cha…….?
42. Which of the following is NOT a symptom of Ardha Vyayama Shakti ?
(b) Sweat on forehead
(c) Increase in Hrid-Spandana
(d) Sweat in arm pit
43. Eating of Hita and Ahita together is Known as ?
44. Sanchaya of Vata occurs in which season ?
45. Which of the following statement is false ?
(a) Dadhi should not be takan in night
(b) Dadhi should not be takan hot
(c) Dadhi should not be takan in Shotha
(d) Takra should not be takan in Shotha
46. Sushruta advises which of the following for the treatment of Pakvashaya Gata Visha ?
(c) Anuvasana Basti
(d) Asthapana Basti
47. How many kshira Visha has been mentioned by Sushruta ?
48. Sushruta considers Mandali as most poisonous in which of the following Avastha ?
49. Which one of the following type of micro-organism cause Rabies ?
50. According to Sushruta, which Galagolika is Pranahari ?
51. A patient of Apasmara gets attack of epilepsy after an episode of anxiety, Here anxiety is which type of Hetu ?
(a) Utpadaka Hetu
(b) Pradhanika Hetu
(c) Vyanjaka Hetu
(d) Viprakrishta Hetu
52. In Vatika Unmada, increase in the symptoms occurs in the evening, It indicated which of the following Samprapti ?
(a) Bala Samprapti
(b) Kala Samprapti
(c) Vidhi Samprapti
(d) Sankhya Samprapti
53. Sthana-Sansthana-Ruja vikalpam is the symptom of which disease ?
(a) Vatika Grahani
(b) Vatika Jvara
(c) Vatika Arsha
(d) Vatika Gulma
54. According to Charaka, how many types of kamala are there ?
55. Udarda is a Nanatmaja Roga of which of the following ?
56. What is the name of first Chatushka of Sutra Sthana of Charaka Samhita ?
57. Which chapter of Sutra Sthana of Charaka Samhita describes Dina-cahrya ?
58. Charaka mentions ‘Chatushprakara Samshuddhi’ in which of the following context ?
(d) Dvi-vidha Upakram
59. Which of the following is NOT included in Niragni sveda by Charaka ?
60. How many Yogas of madanaphala for Vamana Karma are described by Charaka ?
61. Which of the following is mentioned as paryaya of Bheshja by Charaka ?
62. Which of the following is a type of Urjashkara as per Charaka ?
63. Prakriti Vighata chikitsa is more nearer to which of the following ?
(c) Nidana Parivarjana
64. How many types of Sannipata Jvara are mentioned by Charaka ?
65. Which of the following type of Jvara causes Prakopa of all the three Dosha ?
66. Which of the following is generally contraindicated in Gulma ?
67. Which of the following type of Rakta Pitta is relatively sadhya ?
68. Which of the following is NOT a Dushya a prameha ?
69. Which of the following disease according to Ayurveda is not Sahaja ?
(d) Tamaka Shvasa
70. According to Charaka which of the following disease Purvarupa artant for differential diagnosis ?
(d) Tamaka Shvasa
71. Charaka has NOT specifically mentined use of takra in which disease ?
(a) Udara Roga
72. Lashuna Kshirapaka is specifically indicated in which disease by Charaka ?
73. Milk of camel is specifically indicated in which disease ?
(b) Udara Roga
(c) Grahani Roga
74. Which of the following is a type of Hikka?
75. Charaka specifically indicated Murdhni Taila in which disease ?
76. How many types of Gridhrasi have been mentioned by Charaka ?
77. Matsya-Shakalopama is the symptom of which of the following ?
78. How many types of Shvitra are mentioned by Charaka ?
79. Which of the following is a specific cause of Shosha Roga ?
80. Charaka has descrived Kansaharitaki specifically indicated for which disease ?
81. ‘Ahatam-Adhmata-Driti-Shabda Vad’ is a Lakshana of which disease ?
(a) Vatika Gulam
82. Kakodumbara is very useful in the treatment of which the following ?
(c) Grahani Roga
83. Rohitaka Ghrita is specifically mentioned for which disease ?
(c) Shvasa Roga
84. Basti is generally very useful for which disease ?
(b) Tamaka Shvasa
(c) Nava Jvara
85. What is the choice of treatment for Krisha patient ?
(a) Laghu Santarpana
(b) Guru Santarpana
(c) Laghu Apatarpana
(d) Guru Apatarpana
86. What is done to bring back Dosha from Shakha to Koshtha ?
87. What sthana of Sushruta samhita describes Rasayana ?
(d) Uttara Tantra
88. What sthana of Ashtanga Hridaya describes Vajikarana ?
(d) Uttara Tantra
89. According to Sushruta, what is Sarvatha Hitam in the treatment of Grahani ?
90. A patient of Kasa spits with blood, which drug you prefer ?
91. Kara-Padyo Daha is Purvarupa of which the following ?
(a) Kshayaja Kasa
92. What is a major intracellular cation ?
93. Which of the following is not a cause of diabetic coma ?
94. Which of the following is found very effective for relieving anxiety, insomnia etc ?
95. Vagbhata mentions Pliha-Vriddhi in kshaya of which of the following ?
96. Charaka has NOT mentined Vibharamsha of which of the following in Unmada?
97. ‘Ati-Atma-Bala, Prakrama, Grahana, Dharana, Smriti etc’ occur in which disease ?
(b) Vatika Unmada
(c) Agntuja Unmada
(d) Vitika Aparmara
98. Which of the following disease has NOT its Angantuja type ?
99. Which one is NOT included in Dushya of Kushtha by Charaka ?
100. Which of the following drug causes Shukra Rechana ?
(a) Kapikachchhu Bija
(b) Nagbala Mula
(c) Brihati Phala
101. Which of the following drug may be used in premature ejaculation ?
(a) Bhallatak Phala Majja
102. Which of the following drug is both Rasayana and Vajikarana ?
(b) Brihati Phala
103. Charaka has mentioned the use of Ati-Katu, Tikshna, Ushna etc for the treatment of which of the following ?
(a) Kumbha kamala
(b) Koshthashrita Kamala
(c) Shakhashrita kamala
104. Smriti Vibhramsha does NOT occur in which of the following condition ?
105. Charaka has given name as Antya to which stage of Mada ?
106. Kapha-Kshayartha Vyayama is indicated in the treatment of which of following ?
(c) Kaphaja Shotha
107. Bodhi-Vriksha Kashaya is Indicated for the treatment of which of following ?
108. What is the treatment of Udana Vikriti ?
(a) Adho Yojanam
(c) Urdhva Yojanam
(d) Tridha Yojanam
109. What do you mean by ‘Nirupastambham’ ?
(a) Shuddha Vata
(b) Avrita Vata
(c) Sama Vata
(d) Sansargaja Vata
110. ‘Svedanam Sneha Samyuktam ………. Virechanam’ is a treatment of ?
(a) Shuddha Vata Gridhrashi
(b) Vyanavritta Prana
(c) Kaphavritta Vata
111. What is Anupana for Vasaa according to Charaka ?
(c) Ushna Jala
112. Which of the following does Sansakarasya Anuvartanam ?
113. How many grams are in one Prasritaki, if one Tola is taken equal 10 gram ?
114. According to Sushruta, what is the dose of Matra Basti for an 18 years old person?
(a) 24 Tola
(b) 12 Tola
(c) 6 Tola
(d) 3 Tola
115. In case of Amashaya Gata Vata, which of the following sveda is indicated ?
(b) Ruksha Purva Snigdha
(d) Snigdha Purva Ruksha
116. Ruksha Sankara Sveda Descrived by Charaka is included in which of the following type of Sveda mentioned by Sushruta ?
117. Which Mahabhuta are responsible for the action of Virechana ?
(a) Prithi only
(b) Jala only
(c) Prithi and Jala
(d) Prithi, Jala and Agni
118. For Sukha Virechana which of the following condition is ideal?
(a) Kapha Vriddhi
(b) Pitta Vriddhi
(c) Pitta Kshaya
(d) Manda Kapha
119. How many Asthapana Basti are given in kala basti Schedule ?
120. Amongst the following four therapies, which one is the most potent ?
121. The Ashmari like Bhallataka Asthi occurs in which type of Ashmari ?
122. Which is the cause of Unmargi Bhagandar ?
123. According to Sushruta, Charma Keela belongs to which of the following ?
(a) Kshudra Roga
(b) Prameha Pidika
(d) Shuka Roga
124. Trauma causes Sphutana in which type of Asthi ?
125. How many types of Kanda Bhagna are described by Sushruta ?
126. How many Visarpa has been described by Charaka ?
127. Sushruta considera shalya as the specific type of which of the following?
(b) Nadi Vrana
(c) Antra Vidhradi
128. According to Sushruta which Dosha is invariably involved in Shlipada ?
129. How many Kshudra Roga are described by Sushruta ?
130. Sushruta has described Shshi Upakrama in which Sthana ?
131. How many Upadravas of Vrana are mentioned by Sushruta ?
132. Sushruta advises which type of Bandhana in Bhgna ?
133. To remove Shalya from Karna, Nasa and Nadi which Yantra is used ?
134. Which Karma should be practiced on Panasa ?
135. How many type of Kshara are mentioned by Sushruta ?
136. In Pitta Dosha which of the following is used for Raktamoshana ?
137. Which of the following is NOT mentioned for Rudhira-Nivaranam by Sushruta ?
138. To repair Karnapali from where mamsa is to be taken ?
(a) Adhara Karna Pradesha
(b) Shankha Pradesha
(c) Ganda Pradesha
(d) Karana Parshva Pradesha
139. What is Shashtha (Sixth) Upakrama for Vrana ?
140. How many Vrana vastu have been mentioned by Sushruta ?
141. What is Anantavata ?
(a) Shiro Roga
(b) Netra Roga
(c) Vata Vyadhi
(d) Nanatmaja Vikara of Pittta
142. According to Sushruta What is Kapaalikka
(a) Kapaala Roga
(b) Netra Roga
(c) Danta Gata Roga
(d) Talu Gata Roga
143. Ajakaajaata occurs in which part of eye ?
(a) Shukla Gata
(b) Krishna Gata
(c) Pratama Patala
144. How many Ayatana of Mukharoga are mentioned by Sushruta ?
145. ‘Gandhan-Na-Veti’ is the Lakshana of which Pratishyaya ?
146. Which of the following Shiroroga is NOT described by Charaka ?
147. How many Oshtha Roga are mentioned by Sushruta ?
148. How many Nasa Gata Roga are mentioned by Sushruta ?
149. Sushruta advises which of the following treatment for Dipta ?
(a) Like Pitta
(b) Like Kapha
(c) Like Rakta
(d) Like Vata
150. Sushruta has NOT mentioned the use of drops of svarasa of which drug for relieving Kaphaja Karna Shula ?
(d) Krishna Tulsi
151. How many Karna Roga are descrived by Sushruta ?
152. In Ishad Abhyaahata Nayana what type of Sveda is descrived by Sushruta ?
(a) Asya Bashpa Sveda
(b) Hasta Sveda
(c) Nadi Sveda
(d) Ushna Jala Svinna Vastra Sveda
153. Gambhirika occurs in which part of eye ?
154. How many Netra Roga are mentioned by Sushruta ?
155. Anyatovata occurs in which part of eye ?
156. How many Chhedya Roga are mentioned by Sushruta ?
157. In which of the following is eye disease Shastra Karma is contraindicated ?
(c) Shushka Akshipaka
158. What is the prognosis of Kacha Roga ?
159. How many Vartma Roga are mentioned by Sushruta ?
160. What is the measure of Drishi according to Sushruta ?
(a) One seventh of Krishna Mandala
(b) One third of Krishna Mandala
(c) One fourth of Krishna Mandala
(d) Half of Krishna Mandala
161. Which of the following Dushta Artava is Asadhya ?
162. Sushruta prohibits sexual intercourse to a women during menses for at least how many days?
163. In which of the following condition, Shukra is found completely absent ?
164. Which of the following is a symptom Sadyo-Garbha ?
(a) Satnyo Krishna Mukhata
(c) Yoni Sphurana
165. Which type of Vata is involved in Mudha Garbha ?
166. Which is not included in four types of Mudhagarbha by Sushruta?
167. If abortion occurs in the fifth month, then what is its name in Ayurveda ?
(a) Garbha Vichyuti
(b) Garbha Srava
(c) Garbha Paata
(d) Sthira Garbha Srava
168. Which Shastra is used to remove Mrita Garbha ?
169. How many Savabahava Gata Sanga of Garbha are mentioned by Sushruta ?
170. According to Sushruta how many Tridoshaja Yoni Vyapat are there ?
171. According to Sushruta which of following Yoni Vyapat ia Pittaja ?
172. Ashtanga Hridaya has descrived Yoni Vyapad in which of the following chapter?
(a) Guhyaroga Vijananiya
(b) Yonivyapat Vijananiya
(c) Yoniroga Vijananiya
(d) Striroga Vijananiya
173. According to Ashtanga Hridaya what is Anupana of Pushyanuga Churna ?
(a) Patha Svarasa
(c) Shita -Ambu
(d) Tandula- Ambu
174. Charaka mentions which of the following as Garbha-Upaghatakara Bhava ?
175. According to Charaka Dauhrid generally starts in which month of Pregnancy ?
176. According to Charaka what s the name of that Garbha which under develops due to Yoni Srava and remains in uterus for long time?
(c) Mrita Garbha
(d) Leena Garbha
177. Which one is Not the Lakshana of Upasthita Prasava ?
(a) Pain around Kati and Prishtha
(b) Shleshma Srava in Yoni Mukha
(c) Frequent desire for defecation
(d) Pain in Grabhashaya Pradesha
178. What should be the length of Sutikagara according to Sushruta ?
(a) 4 Hasta
(b) 6 Hasta
(c) 8 Hasta
(d) 12 Hasta
179. According to Sushruta how many months after delivery the lady become Vigata Sutika ?
(a) One month
(b) One and half month
(c) Two months
(d) Three months
180. Vidhira, Muka etc child is born due to which of the following reason ?
(a) Ati Pravahana
(c) Avi Pravahana
(d) Akala Pravahana
181. According to Sushruta when Annadaa age of child starts ?
(a) Above 2 years
(b) 3 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 5 years
182. What is an ideal marriage age for a male according to Sushruta for healthy progeny ?
(a) 25 years
(b) 21 years
(c) 18 years
(d) 16 years
183. What type of Dhatri milk is considered good ?
(a) Which floats on water
(b) Which sinks in water
(c) Which mix with water
(d) Which is Phenila
184. Sushruta advise Anguli-Parva-Vad dose to which age of children ?
(a) Up to one month
(b) Kshirapa above one month
(c) One years
(d) Two years
185. For Guda Paka, Sushruta Prescribes which of the following ?
(a) Ghrita Lepa
(b) Madhu-Ghrita Lepa
(c) Pancha – Valkala Kvatha Prakshalana
(d) Rasanjana Pana – Lepa
186. For which of the following condition Vataghna Sneha, Sveda & Upanaha are mentioned by Sushtra
(d) Bala Jvara
187. According to Sushruta, Teja combines with dominance of which Mahabhuta to produce Krishna varna in Garbha?
(c) Prithvi and Akasha
(d) Jala and Akasha
188. According to Sushruta, at what age Anna-Prashana ceremony should be done ?
(a) Six months
(b) Nine months
(c) Tenth months
(d) One years
189. Which statement is true regarding number of Graha mentioned by Vagbhata ?
(a) 9 Graha
(b) 4 male and 5 female Graha
(c) 11 Graha
(d) 5 male and 7 female Graha
190. Sushruta mentions, ‘Vihangdandhi’ as a Lakshana of which Graha ?
191. Sushruta mentions, which of the following for treatment of almost all Graha ?
192. According to Sushruta, Mutra Tulya Gandha occurs in which of following Graha ?
193. Vagbhata advise gradually stoping breast milk to a child at what stage ?
(a) Jata Dashana
(b) 6 months age
(c) 9 months age
(d) One year age
194. According to Vagbhata which of the following is false ?
(a) Infants are always Snigdha
(b) Vamana is good for Children
(c) Virechana is good for Children
(d) Prarimarsha should given in children if Marsha is indicated
195. Kashyapa gives what name to the teeth which are situated side of Rajadanta ?
196. Kashyapa has contributed which of the following special type of sveda for infants ?
(a) Upanaha Sveda
(b) Prastara Sveda
(c) Nadi Sveda
(d) Hasta Sveda
197. Deha-Vaivarnaya, Arati, Mukhaglani, Anidra and Vata-Karma-Nivritti are the prodromal symptoms of which disease ?
198. Animittam-Abhikshana udgara Nidra and Jrimbha are the prodromal symptoms of which disease ?
199. In the discussion on the type of disease by various sages, what was the opinion of Kashayapa regarding the types of diseases ?
(a) Two types – Nija and Agantuja
(b) Three types – Sadhya, Yapya and Asadhya
(c) Four types – Agantuja, Vata, Pitta and Kapha
(d) Five types – Agantuja, Vata, Pitta Kapha and Tridoshaja
200. The symptoms of Kandu, Aruchi, Jvara and Shiro-Ruja in a child indicate which disease ?
(b) Kantha Shvyathu