LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Sc. / B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – Viscom. / Economics
FOURTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
CO 4200 / 3100 – PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING
Date & Time: 27/04/2007 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Answer ALL the questions [10×1=10]
- Define marketing.
- What is meant by undifferentiated market?
- List out the steps in new market development.
- What is Demand-Oriented pricing policy?
- Mention the objectives of physical distribution.
- Define Advertising.
- Who is a creative Salesman?
- Bring out the meaning of sales promotion.
- What is publicity?
- Give the concept of service.
Answer Any FIVE [5×8=40]
- Describe the various Approaches to the study of Marketing.
- Bring out the Advantages of Market Segmentation.
- What is meant by Product Life Cycle? Explain its concept with example.
- Explain the following pricing with a diagram
(i) Odd Pricing
(ii) Psychological Pricing
(iii) Prestige Pricing
(iv) Geographic Pricing
- What is Warehousing? Describe the functions of Storage.
- Discuss the nature and importance of personal selling.
- Explain the reasons for growing use of Sales promotion in recent years.
- How will you classify service? Explain.
Answer Any TWO [2×20=40]
- Explain the various functions of Marketing.
- What are the basic pricing policies? Critically evaluate the major factors
that should be taken into account in developing a price policy.
- Describe the Major Advertising decisions.