Career choice at BITS Pilani:
BITS Pilani is one of the best Universities of India with best physical and academic infrastructure, Placement facilities, consultancy, curriculum, delivery system, standard education based on current industry, happiness index and so on.
BIT has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a grade “A”. Also, according to a survey titled “Top Science and Technology schools in Asia-Pacific” which was conducted by Asiaweek’s magazine, BITS was in the top 20 in Asia.
Specialties of BITS:
- BITS Pilani offers admission to the candidate only on merit basis. It does not encourage any recommendation or references.
- BITS Pilani has got collaboration with many foreign Universities like Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). This helps the students of BITS Pilani to easily continue their higher education in these foreign Universities.
- You can feel proud about the brand name “BITS” when you pass out of the college. “BITS Pilani” is a very famous brand name which is recognized in all over the world.
- It has very good alumni support with most of the students of BITS in top most position in their life and career.
- BITS Pilani offers direct admission to the board toppers (Never mind the scores secured in BITSAT) at any Indian campuses of BITS.
- It also offers scholarships for the meritorious students who are from poor family background. Almost 25% of students avail this facility from every batch.
- Placement of BITS Pilani is something which everyone is familiar with. BITS University provides the country’s best placement facilities which had placed several students in the highest paying jobs.
- BITS Pilani also offers the students the facility of “Course Flexibility”. You can pursue Engineering and Science at the same time and you can even finish your Engineering degree in 3.5 years if you have required caliber.
Career oriented courses in BITS Pilani:
Few of the popular and important courses are mentioned below:
First degree courses:
- BE (Hons) Chemical Engineering:
Chemical Engineering is one of the nurturing fields which aim to bring more leaders and entrepreneurs in this field. BITS Pilani offers best faculties who have completed Ph.D and Postdocs from IIT’s and Universities abroad. BITS Pilani not only offers B.E (Hons) but also M.E in Chemical Engineering and Ph.D in this field.
What after Chemical Engineering?
- Chemical Engineers are high in demand in current scenario. They are highly employable in the designations such as Field Engineers, Product Engineers and also work in MNCs and in Government sectors.
- It is one of the best paying professions in which salary hike is made around 30% over the last decade.
- Chemical Engineers work for the welfare of the people. Even Day to day life products are produced only after the supervision of the chemical engineers.
- BE (Hons) Civil:
This is one of the oldest departments in BITS Pilani which was established in the year 1956. This department offers Civil Engineering courses in B.E (Hons) Civil, M.E (Civil) and Doctorate programs. Civil Engineering is rather another group which has wide varieties of opportunities all over the world. Civil Engineer is the one who plans, designs, constructs and maintains large projects and systems of a country like Roadways, Tunnels, Bridges, sewage treatment, dams, etc. They are the backbone of any country they are working for.
What after Civil Engineering?
- Positions like Structural Engineer, Offshore Structural Engineer, Project Engineer, Associate Engineer, CAD/CAM Engineer, etc., are the highly paid positions in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Civil Engineers are always in high demand in the community. Thus, every possible civil engineer has excellent pay scale.
- Civil Engineers get the opportunity to explore new places and travel every nook and corner of the country.
- You can check out the chart for referring the hierarchy of Civil Engineering jobs:
- BE (Hons) Computer Science and Engineering:
Computer Science and Engineering a most common and demanding field which most of the students wish to choose.
You can find the semester wise pattern for the CSE in BITS Pilani in the following link:
What after Computer Science and Engineering?
- Most of the students of BITS, have bagged jobs successfully in Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Microsoft, etc., Other computer science students have successfully chosen their future path as researchers, Computer field jobs in Government sectors, higher education in the same field, etc.,
- This is an industry which caters to the world standards. Thus, the pay package is always high for every computer engineer.
- BE (Hons) Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
In BITS Pilani, EEE department is formed from the Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering departments which were formed in the year 1969 and 1970 respectively.
What after Electrical and Electronic Engineering?
- The field of EEE mainly covers the generation of power, storage and usage of power. This field is very important and has high demands in the society.
- This field is very important since “Power” seems to be an integral part of our day-to-day life.
- EEE engineers are offered opportunities in various fields such as renewable energy sector, communications industry, aerospace industry, power sectors and in Information technology fields.
- BE (Hons) Manufacturing:
The main motive for starting this department is to encourage young talents in the field of product development. This course targets mainly in the product development, testing, manufacturing, etc.
You can find the semester wise pattern for BE(Hons) Manufacturing in the below link:
What after Manufacturing Engineering?
- Pursuing Manufacturing engineering allows you to work for the product development. It offers the opportunities to work with the vendors and suppliers for fixing the price for the products, delivery planning, meeting the standard of the final products, etc.,
- Types of designations offered for those who have completed BE (Hons) Manufacturing engineering are:
- Product Engineer
- Testing Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Manufacturing researcher
- Plant and Machinery Engineer and so on
Higher degree courses:
- Sc (Hons) Biological sciences:
To target in the modern areas of science and technology, BITS Pilani developed department of Biological sciences by merging the departments of zoology and botany which were established in the year 1969.
What after M.Sc Biological Sciences?
- Obviously, Biological science is a study of plants and living organisms. Within the subjects of Botany and zoology, there are numerous sub-subjects such as Cell Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Ecology, Microbiology, bio-statistics and Genetics.
- Students who have successfully completed M.Sc Biological Science are able to get opportunities in various Government firms, research labs, private pharmaceutical firms, etc.,
- They can also choose to be a lecturer/ professor in the field of Biological science.
- Students with best communication skills and Ph.D degree are able to get higher positions in the Ministries of India as research officers or as an entry level scientist.
- Sc (Hons) Enomics:
BITS Pilani offers best education in the field of economics by providing strong fundamentals in the theories of economics. This makes the students to handle every real life applications of economics very easily.
What after M.Sc Economics?
- A huge list of Government and private jobs are waiting for the candidates those who have successfully completed M.Sc Economics.
- Meritorious students can get prestigious jobs in Government sectors such as Indian Civil Services, Indian Economic Services, National sample survey, Reserve Bank of India, Ministry of Economic affairs, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, National Council for applied Economics, etc.,
- Sc (Hons) Mathematics
This department was actually established in the year 1944 under Birla Science College which was later incorporated in the institute in 1964.This department mainly focuses on the standard education in the specialized fields of Mathematics such as Algebra and analysis, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematical Modeling, etc.
What after M.Sc Mathematics?
- The candidates who have successfully completed M.Sc Mathematics can take up UPSC and SSC exams which are conducted by the Central Government to fill up the various Government Posts in various departments of the country.
- The candidate has wide opportunity after completing M.Sc Mathematics. He/She are eligible to take up lecturer/Professor positions in the Universities and Colleges, apply for Private and Government Banking sectors, Defence department, Railways, etc.,
Whatever course you pursue through BITS Pilani, you have a guaranteed success in the respected fields especially because of the brand name “BITS”. So, students who have successfully completed the course in BITS Pilani have high reputation and recognition in all the Government sectors, Private sectors, Universities/Colleges, etc.,
Thus, best career opportunities are guaranteed if you are from BITS Pilani.
There are various popular engineering entrance examination in India such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, IIT JEE, etc. Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITSAT) is a one such popular engineering entrance examination which is conducted to filter out the most talented students for the admission to the engineering courses in BITS campuses.
It is one of the best prestigious private colleges of India for pursuing under graduate engineering courses. It is also only Indian institution which has three campuses in India and one campus in Dubai.
Currently, BITS campuses are as follows:
- Pilani campus which was established in the year 1929.
- Hyderabad campus which was established in the year 2008
- K K Birla Goa campus which was established in the year 2004
- Dubai campus which was established in the year 2000
BITS Pilani was declared as a deemed University under the Act of UGC. BITSAT is the only mode for getting into BITS’s Integrated First degree programmes.
BITSAT is one of the toughest online engineering entrance exam conducted on May month of every year. Being one of the most renowned and prestigious college of India, it has its own exam pattern to check the student’s engineering knowledge deeply.
Let us check few details about BITSAT 2015.
BITSAT 2015 was commenced on May 14 and ended up in May 29, 2015. Around 1 lakh 80,000 students took part in this exam and it was considered as one of the toughest exams than the usual BITSAT.
Apart from the portions of NCERT books, there were lot of difficult questions from rotational motion, derivatives, inertia and limits, etc. Students who performed well in this exam were directly given the score card. It seems no group discussion and personal interview was conducted this year.
Important dates for BITSAT 2016: (Tentative)
Let’s check out the important dates for BITSAT 2016
Application form will be available from: December third week, 2015
Last date for the application form: February fourth week, 2016
Allotment of test center and announcement to the candidates: February fourth week, 2016
Reserving test date: First to third week of March, 2016
Issuance of Admit card or Hall ticket: Third to last week of April, 2016
BITSAT 2016 Online examination dates: Second to last week of May, 2016
Candidates to apply for the admission along with their 12th class certificates: Third week to last week of June, 2016
Admission list and waiting list announcement: July first week, 2016
Are you eligible for BITSAT?
Let’s check the eligibility for BITSAT 2016 below:
- Candidate must have secured at least 75% of average marks in 12th board exam with 60% in all major subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates who are currently pursuing 12th standard can also apply for this exam.
- Toppers in 12th board examination are given more preference during the BITS admission.
- Candidate must be well versed in English.
How to apply for BITSAT 2016?
- Candidates who are interested in BITSAT have to register their names in BITSAT 2016 through the website http://www.bitsadmission.com.(Please wait for the official announcement of the BITSAT 2016)
- Fill in the application form carefully by entering all the required informations such as name, Father’s name, certificates of 12th and 10th, date of birth, etc., and pay the prescribed fees either through debit or credit card.
- The fee prescribed must be around Rs.2090/- for male candidates and Rs.1590/- for female candidates.
- Click on the submit button and take a print out of the confirmation page.
BITSAT Pattern and syllabus:
Total duration of the BITSAT exam: 3 hours
Examination mode: Online test
Language of the question booklet: English
Each correct attempt carries 3 marks
Each incorrect attempt deducts -1 mark
The paper is divided into four parts such as :
Part I: Physics which contains 40 questions
Part II: Chemistry which contains 40 questions
Part III: English proficiency contains 15 questions whereas Logical reasoning contains 10 questions
Part IV: Mathematics or Biology which contains 45 questions
Every student will be getting different question booklet. The questions will be set with equal difficulty levels. Students have to choose the Part IV preference and they are given question booklet according their choice (mathematics or Biology).
Special thing in BITSAT:
Students who are capable can also opt to solve 12 more questions along with the above 150 questions in the question booklet. These 12 questions must be completed before the stipulated time frame. Also, the students cannot go behind the previous questions for any revision or correction after choosing to solve these 12 questions.
Syllabus for BITSAT 2016:
Syllabus for BITSAT can be referred in following link:
How to prepare for BITSAT 2016?
- Online study material for BITSAT is available which covers all the topics of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- You can also download previous years question papers, participate in mock test, create self test, etc.
- You can also take part in the online mock test for BITSAT which is conducted widely through several websites.
Admit card for BITSAT 2016:
Admit card or Hall ticket will be available for download (April 2016 onwards) from the official website of BITSAT. Admit card may contain important details of the candidate such as Name, Father’s name, Date of birth, Choice of city, Application number or registration number, Date of his exam, Venue of his exam, etc.
This is a very important document which is needed throughout the admission process.
To download the admit card, you have to remember the username and password which you received during the time of registration. If you have forgotten the username and password, don’t panic. There are instructions in the official site to find out the forgotten password or username.
Admit card must not be folded or defaced. Students have to paste their photographs in the admit card before entering into the examination hall.
Announcement of the results:
BITSAT exam will be held on May, 2016. Results are expected to be declared on first week of July, 2016. Candidates can check their results online with their roll numbers and application number.
Merit list of the students will be later announced by the organizing committee. As soon as the results are declared, students are provided with their score card which contains sectional as well as overall rank of the student.
Seat Allotment for BITSAT:
Merit list of the students will be called for the counselling session. Those candidates have to fill in and submit the application form to participate in the BITSAT counselling. According to the student’s overall rank, availability of seats, BITS organization will announce the admission list with which the students will be allotted seat in any of the BITS campuses. Generally, BITSAT counselling takes place in four iterations.
Thus, students who are currently started to prepare for BITSAT, remember to note the pattern and syllabus of BITSAT carefully. Since this is one of the toughest exams be ready to face any kinds of questions apart from the syllabus.
All the best to crack BITSAT 2016!!