Click here for BITSAT Model Papers & Free Sample papers
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer.
- There will be 150 questions in all.
BITSAT-2015 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts:
Part I : Physics
Part II : Chemistry
Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)
The number of questions in each part is as follows:
||No of questions
|Part I – Physics
|Part II – Chemistry
|Part III-(a) English Proficiency
|(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV -Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only; four questions from each part. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
- The questions are so designed that a good student will be able to answer 150 questions in 180 minutes. The extra questions (a maximum of 12) will give a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher. However, candidates should keep in mind the fact that there is negative marking for wrong answers and any attempt to answer the questions by pure guessing of the answers is not likely to have any advantage, but may result in a reduction in the total score.
- The questions will be selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
- All the questions and instructions of the test will be in English only. Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided, if required. Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
- Each candidate who registers for BITSAT-2015 will be instructed to download a ‘Hall Ticket’.
- Candidates with the hall ticket only will be allowed inside the Test centers. All centers are closely monitored for security and candidates’ identity and activities will be recorded using web cameras and/or closed circuit TV cameras. Candidate’s finger print and photograph will be taken at the time of the test and will be matched at the time of admission. Anyone violating the rules of the test center will not be allowed to continue with the test and will automatically be disqualified.