1. Please check the Admit Card carefully for your Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Center Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category. In case of any discrepancy, communicate to JEE (Main) Secretariat immediately for necessary action.
2. The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
3. The examination rooms/hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the test. Candidates should take their seats immediately after opening of the examination hall. If the candidates do not report in time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions to be announced in the Examination Hall.
4. The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card for admission in the examination room/hall. A candidate who does not possess the Admit Card issued by the Board shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
5. For Aptitude Test in Architecture, candidates are advised to bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
6. Candidates are advised to bring with them a cardboard or a clip board on which nothing should be written, so that they have no difficulty in filling responses in the Answer Sheet even if the tables provided in the examination room/hall do have smooth surface. They should also bring with them their own Ball Point Pens (Black/Blue) of good quality.
7. The candidates are advised to also bring with them a copy of document (as per following applicable criteria) on the day of their JEE (Main) – 2014 and submit the same to the invigilator at the examination centre. The Candidates have to write Roll No. of JEE (Main) Examination on the copy of the document being submitted in support of class 12th/Qualifying examination.
|S. No||Applicable Criteria to candidates||Copy of Document required to be brought and submitted to the invigilator at the Centre after writing JEE Main Roll No. on it.|
|1||Candidates, who qualified in class 12th / qualifying Examination in 2012 or 2013, and have not opted for improvement of
performance in 2014.
|Copy of their Final marks- sheet/ marks statement of Class 12th /Qualifying Examination of year 2012 or 2013.|
|2||Candidates, who qualified in class 12th / qualifying Examination in 2012 or 2013, and have opted for improvement of performance
in 2014 in all subjects.
|Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for improvement of performance in Class 12th /Qualifying Examination
|3||Candidates, who are appearing in class 12th / qualifying examination in 2014.||Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for class 12th/Qualifying Examination 2014.|
This is in addition to the candidates bringing their Admit Card for JEE (Main) 2014.
8. No candidate, under any circumstances, will be allowed to enter the Examination Center after the commencement of the examination.
9. A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidate should find out and occupy their allotted seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room or the seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
10. Ten minutes before the commencement of the paper, each candidate will be given sealed Test Booklet with an Answer Sheet placed inside it.
11. Immediately on receipt of the Test Booklet the candidate will fill in the required particulars on the cover page of the Test Booklet with Ball Point Pen only. He/She will not open the Test Booklet until asked to do so by the Invigilator. Do not open/break the seal before the announcement.
12. No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room until the full duration of the paper. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre
13. No Candidate will be allowed to carry any baggage inside the Examination Center. JEE Apex Board will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost at the premises.
14. Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card, identity proof, document as required. If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
15. Smoking and eating is strictly prohibited in the examination room.
16. Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed to be taken into the examination rooms during examination hours.
17. No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room until the full duration of the paper. Candidates should not leave the room/hall without handing over their Answer Sheets to the Invigilators on duty.
- JEE (Main) – 2014 will be conducted in major cities and towns of India as well as abroad.
- The lists of cities are given at our site (JEE Main 2014 exam centre ) .
- While applying, candidates must select four centre cities in case of Pen & Paper based examination and one city in case of Computer based examination.
- However, if the number of candidates for Computer based examination is less than 50 in a city, the candidates will be allotted centre in the nearby city of Computer based examination.
- Similarly, efforts will be made to allot candidate’s city of Pen & Paper based examination as per their choice opted for in the application form.
- However, in some exceptional circumstances, a different city in nearby area may be allotted.
- The candidates with disability should fill in the type and percentages of disability correctly in the online application form for JEE (Main) 2014.
- Only the candidates, who have 40% or more disability, will be provided Scribe/ Reader on the request of the candidate.
- The candidate will have the discretion of opting his/her own scribe/reader or may submit the request to the centre superintendent for the same.
- The centre superintendent will identify the scribe/ reader. In case a request is received from the candidate, he/she would be allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination to verify the suitability of the scribe.
- One hour compensatory (extra) time will also be allowed to the candidates with 40% or more disability irrespective of the fact that the candidate(s) is/are availing the facility of scribe/reader.
|Choice of Medium of Question Papers|
|1||All Examination Centre Cities||English and Hindi Medium|
|2||Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and
|English, Hindi and Gujarati|
|3||Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra||English, Hindi, Marathi and Urdu|
The option of question paper language should be exercised while filling up the Application Form and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
|A. Offline examination (Pen and Paper Based Examination) for Paper 1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) and Paper 2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.)|
|Date of Examination||Paper||Subjects||Timings||Duration|
|06.04.2014||Paper 1 (B.E./ B. Tech.)||Physics, Chemistry &
|0930-1230 Hours(IST)||3 Hours|
|06.04.2014||Paper 2 (B. Arch. / B.
|Mathematics – Part I
Aptitude Test – Part II &
Drawing Test – Part III
|1400-1700 Hours(IST)||3 Hours|
|B. Online examination (Computer Based Examination) for Paper 1 (B. E./B. Tech.) Only|
|Dates of Examination*||Paper||Subjects||Timings||Duration|
|Paper 1 (B. E./B. Tech.)||Physics,
|1st shift 0930-1230 Hours (IST)
2nd shift (**) 1400-1700 Hours (IST)
- *The option of date for Computer Based Examination for Paper – 1 should be exercised while filling up the application form.
- The allotment of slots/dates will be on first come first served basis.
- If a candidate does not make any selection, he/she shall be randomly assigned a slot/date as per the availability of the same.
- The Computer Based Examination for Paper – 1 in Colombo, Kathmandu, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai, Muscat and Riyadh will be held only on 19/04/2014.
- In case a candidate, by furnishing the false information, appears in more than one slots/dates of the computer based examination or appears in both the modes of examination i.e. pen & paper based and computer based examination, his candidature will be cancelled and his result will not be declared.